“Created with care”

The Green Room Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 463 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Elegant and comfortable, our contemporary Green Room restaurant offers a delicious selection of lunch, afternoon tea and dinner options. Our dishes are made using fine, locally sourced, seasonal Lincolnshire produce. You can enjoy your meal with a glass of wine from our carefully chosen list, or another drink from our bar. Finish your day off in style with a delicious three-course meal from our Green Room restaurant. Our chefs have created a menu of fine, seasonal dishes using local produce, combining traditional flavours with a contemporary twist. For the perfect end to your dinner, indulge in a delicious dessert or try some of our local Lincolnshire cheeses.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Nothing is too much trouble in this restaurant attached to The Lincoln Hotel, facing the eastern end of the Cathedral. Each course is beautifully served, and the portions are generous. Earlier this year the restaurant was given the accolade of top restaurant in Lincolnshire, and yet it is not crowded. Meals are very reasonably priced at £5 for starters, main courses around £14 and desserts another £5. IT is the fourth time I have eaten there and I have not been disappointed on any occasion.

Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Green Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal in The Green Room Restaurant.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the all staff members concerned and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We ate here when staying at The Lincoln and it was amazing. Food was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked.

Helpful staff, lovely aviation themed decor and the price wasn't too bad for what you get either. Recommended!

1  Thank Joel M
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Green Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Lincoln Hotel.

It is also very pleasing to hear your positive comments about the standard of food served in the Green Room Restaurant. All of the staff members are very excited as it won Restaurant of the Year in the Select Lincolnshire Food, Drink & Hospitality Awards 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We wanted to try a new restaurant in Lincoln and liked the look of the menu. The restaurant is lovely and the staff very friendly. We went on a Saturday night and expected it to be very busy but there was one other couple and a table of 6 so there was little atmosphere and it was difficult to not overhear conversations or to be overheard.
We were brought some lovely home made bread before our meal, being really picky I would have preferred it to have been warm. I had olives & feta for a starter and roast courgettes with tomatoes and other things I can't now recall for a main, it was lovely.
We had a small cheese platter to share afterwards, the cheese was fine but I didn't like the crackers, they were black, made me think of charcoal. Just not to my taste.

1  Thank Ficaro

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed dining with us; the food served for your evening meal and of course the service offered by our team. On the evening that you visited we also had two other larger parties dining with us. They had chosen to eat in the adjoining private function rooms to avoid causing any disturbance to other diners as they were in a celebratory mood! I apologise if you felt this left the main dining area a little lacking in atmosphere but we thought this was preferable to any large tables disturbing the smaller tables.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Lincoln Hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lovely restaurant inside The Lincoln Hotel. Dined whilst staying at the hotel - last minute Saturday night booking. Great window table (recommend requesting this); the restaurant was fully booked Friday night - however the air show was on and hotel full occupancy.
The food was delicious, service fantastic. A very nice restaurant and highly recommend.

1  Thank Emma H
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Green Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us, the food served in the Green Room Restaurant for your evening meal and of course the service offered by our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Lincoln Hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having read the mixed bag of reviews on this restaurant we wanted to see for ourselves what it was like and we certainly weren't disappointed.

Although the portions were small, they were perfectly formed and full of flavour and after 3 courses we were well and truly satisfied. My partner opted for the steak which was cooked to perfection,

Great value for money and attentive staff, we will defiantly be coming back.

2  Thank travelbag2
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Green Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Green Room Restaurant at The Lincoln Hotel.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned as they all work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

All the staff are even more excited now as the Green Room Restaurant has recently won Restaurant of the Year in the Select Lincolnshire Food, Drink & Hospitality Awards 2014!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.