“Mediocre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bombay

The Bombay
Ranked #335 of 445 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is located in a great position on the High Street. The interior is quite basic, the menus had food squashed on them, which made us think about the cleanliness of the rest of the place.

I ordered the lamb saag, but the meat was totally overdone. I ordered some sides, which were good and the drinks were very reasonably priced. My wife was much happier with her vegetarian dish. We will not be rushing back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Youngklaus

York, UK
“Really rather disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a modest-sized lunch; I didn't want a big meal. So the well-cooked naan was agreeably filling. The egg curry with it, however, was a dish of lightly-spiced gloop with a very few fragments of (what I am pretty sure were) frozen veg (diced carrot, pea, french bean, a single corn kernel). Two whole hard-boiled eggs were floating in the gloop. Could they not have been halved? I also had a glass of mango lassi. I am not sure what it was flavoured with, but mango did not immediately come to mind. This, plus a pair of small but reasonably tasty onion bhajis as a starter, came to just short of £8. Not excessive, but I was NOT impressed with the quality of the meal. Service was OK, but the music ('Indian pop') was much too loud initially and then, when randomly turned off, one realised why some kind of background noise was needed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank polemonium
Lincs
“Losing its touch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant last week and was quite disappointed. We went on a Saturday night and they seemed to be REALLY busy even though it was only about 7.30pm. This seemed to compromise their usually good service and quality. We waited really ages for our food and then part way through our food being brought out a table of about 16 came in and ALL of the wait staff went to look after them. Meanwhile our meat dishes were going cold as we waited for the wait staff to get back to us with our rice and side dishes. The whole meal was lukewarm and we were unable to attract attention to order more drinks yet could not get to the bar as the table of 16 were next to us and blocking us in. Final insult was my lamb main course had just 4 pieces of meat in it. Will think twice before going back to a place we have always previously enjoyed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank holidaygirllincs
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Food Heaven!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was in lincoln last weekend with my girlfriend to visit her mates. I was recommended this restaurant and was told this place one of the best in town. The food here was fantastic and all compliments go to the chefs and kitchen staff as we has no issue with the food watsoever. However the customer service was average and lacking a cutting edge as we had to wait a pretty long time for our order to be taken and in particular the waiters were not very friendly or looked as if they did not enjoy their job and lacked hygieine and were not well presented. Apart from the service, me and my girlfriend had a lovely evening at this restaurant due to high quality, preparation and standard of food, however i advise hygeine etiquette and customer service to be improved. I will definitely bring my girlfriend for a meal to this place again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Foodaliciousssssss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I just want to start of saying the food was amazing. Shows signs of a good chef! So thank you to him or her. Only down side I would say is front of house staff. They were not very jolly. More conversation would have been nice. Also waiters appearances were not very good,unclean uniform. But overall good night. Will pop in again when i am back in Lincoln

• Visited February 2014