“good location”
Review of The Lincoln Hotel

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 15 December 2013

stayed 2 nights for the xmas market the hotel is in a good location, found the staff friendly and helpful. the breakfast was good, the room was big enough for 2 people ,good car park .easy walk into town, you can use the shuttle buses to get back up the hill if you don't want to walk. I would use this hotel again and recommend it and would recommend Lincoln as a good weekend break destination

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Christmas Market. Your kind comments about our staff have been passed on to the team, they all work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

The Lincoln Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Lincoln Hotel has the perfect location. Pay the small premium for Cathedral view , it is worth it.
Staff very helpful , breakfast good , rooms reasonable priced.
Only thing they can improve on is better choice of draught beers in the bar; 2 lagers , no bitters or Guiness

Room Tip: Cathedral view with balcony , but can hear bells
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Leaving aside the attributes of the hotel itself, what makes this establishment so exceptional is the staff team.
We stayed there for the Christmas market and paid a premium for a cathedral view room. The bedroom although a little on the small side was adequate and contained everything that was needed for a short stay, but as with most of the hotel was a little dated and would benefit from freshening up. The VIEW though was unbelievable to sit and listen to the cathedral bells and to see this glorious building lit up at night was worth every penny.
The view we felt was surpassed by the dedication and efficiency of the staff. Requests were attended to with quiet efficiency by a friendly endearing team who felt it their mission in life to ensure customer satisfaction where it was deserved.
The food on offer was of an excellent standard. Our compliments to the chef for food that would be at home served by any of the celebrity chefs on television.
Although a mistake was made it was met with the quiet efficiency already mentioned. One night at dinner I requested particular requirements, and the next night this was remembered without reminder. This is service that we found typifies this hotel.
This is a hotel that boasts a service given by a staff team that all hotels should aspire to.
Thank you for making our stay such a memorable occasion.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
James L, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Lincoln Hotel over the Christmas Market weekend. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned as they all work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Booked this as a last minute romantic break, and were a little disappointed. Our room was small, all rooms are advertised as either having a view of the cathedral or gardens but ours looked at a wall and other room windows.. The room was cold, bathroom freezing (no heater, not even a heated towel rail), toilet didn't flush properly and bathroom door didn't lock. Taps had no temperature variation - you could either have boiling water or freezing despite all taps being mixer taps. Bed was a small double with a very uncomfortable mattress, and a thin, inadequate quilt.

We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night - I ordered the smoked salmon starter, and was clearly served the beef starter.. The waiter insisted it was salmon (jeez, am I really that dense??!), and I had to ask another waitress to get me the correct starter (she confirmed I had indeed been given beef - no s*** Sherlock!)

On the plus side breakfast was good, plenty of choice and no queue, staff were friendly, and the location of the hotel was perfect.

Would we stay here again? No

Would definitely recommend cafe Zoot though!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
James L, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest

I was sorry to read your comments following your recent visit to The Lincoln Hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment or problems you experienced during your stay.

I would be happy to discuss the problems you encountered further and would ask that you contact me direct at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Went to the Lincoln Hotel for my cousin's wedding in October. The reception dealt with us promptly on arrival. We were allocated two rooms next but one to each other. The views were over a wall at the back but to be honest we weren't there for the view from the hotel but the rooms themselves were beautifully furnished. There was no hair dryer which I take as a given in a hotel like this.
The reception was in the bar beneath the hotel and was a cocktail party. Only two bar staff to cater for all the guests, mixing cocktails to order was a nightmare. Either there should have been more staff or cocktails should have been mixed in quantities. No glass collection and it fell to a member of staff who was on her night off who volunteered to collect glasses. When we moved upstairs to have a drink after the reception we were told the couldn't serve us straight away. Not quite sure why. Eventually we did get served and the drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel.
The following morning there was a queue for breakfast. Fortunately my sister and brother in law were 10 minutes ahead of me so I joined them. The layout of the food servers for the dining room could have been so much better as everybody was stood on top of each other. There was a delay in some hot items that mean that some people were stood waiting whilst others were trying to get to the other items like coffee and toast.
Two weeks later I got a visa bill for the wrong amount followed by a week later by another bill on a MasterCard with a different wrong amount. The hotel did sort it out after several phone calls backwards and forwards. They also credited the £5 car park charge as a gesture of good will however the barrier to the car park was open all weekend and we didn't need to say we had parked in the car park and also other hotel clients could have parked there for free!

Room Tip: If you aren't bothered about a view then you can take what room is offered but if you want a roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay at The Lincoln Hotel and please accept my apologies for any problems you experienced with the customer service you received.

I shall certainly address the problems you mentioned internally with my management team, to ensure our usual high standards are maintained.

Once again, I am sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Lovely clean warm room, great views of the cathedral. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Would definately stay again and recommend this hotel. We walked into Lincoln city centre took less than 10 minutes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Lincoln Hotel. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all the staff concerned as they work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Staff friendly and helpfull. Breakfast and bar meals tasty and well presented. Bar and lounge have lovely views of the cathedral. In historic uphill area of Lincoln and only a 5 minuete walk to the town centre.

Room Tip: The front rooms of the hotel have lovely views of the cathedral,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments about our staff have been passed on to the team, they all appreciate direct feedback from our guests.

The Lincoln Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
The Tower Hotel
The Tower Hotel
#2 of 9 in Lincoln

Been to The Lincoln Hotel? Share your experiences!