“Steve B”
Review of The Lincoln Hotel

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for a few days this week can't fault the hotel and the location is excelllent next to the cathedral. Not for the stag and hen party crowd as everything for them is at the bottom of the hill but all the better for that in my view! Some nice places to eat nearby if you don't want to eat in the hotel. Would stay again.l

1  Thank Sharon G
Lincoln_Hotel01, Guest Relations Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Lincoln Hotel. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned as they all work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

I agree, we are ideally situated and in very easy walking distance of uphill Lincoln enabling you to explore the Bailgate area, especially the beautiful Cathedral.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Lincoln Hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a 241 voucher for afternoon tea, so my friend and I popped in on the off chance and asked if we could use it at that time, no problem and we were served within 10 mins a delightful plate of little sandwiches and plenty of nice dainty cakes and scone, Hot tea and coffee with cream. I'm not sure it is worth £10 a head maybe £7.50 but for the price we paid it was very good. Staff were lovely, would come again as felt very relaxed.

Room Tip: Try and find a voucher
1  Thank wendelena50
Lincoln_Hotel01, Guest Relations Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on our trip advisor website.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea at The Lincoln Hotel.

It is especially pleasing to hear your positive comments regarding the high standard of food offered and the helpfulness of our staff. I will ensure that your comments are passed on as they all work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I recently had a 4-night stay at The Lincoln, which we both enjoyed thoroughly. Our room was spacious, with a balcony commanding a magnificent view of the north side of the huge cathedral, especially in the late evening when the cathedral was floodlit. The food and service were equally not to be faulted, but what really stood out for us was the charm, friendliness and efficiency of the young team of staff. To a man (and woman) they were absolutely first class, and a real credit to whoever recruited them, trained them and manages them. Apart from an eccentric lift, and dated air-conditioning in the room, this was a 5-star experience for a 3-star price. Strongly recommended

Room Tip: Book a cathedral (south) side room on the second floor.
2  Thank Peter F

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on our trip advisor website.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Lincoln Hotel, especially as you were able to take in some of the best views of Lincoln Cathedral from your private balcony.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights 13 and 14 June for a family reunion. Our deal was bed breakfast and evening meal. Dinner was booked for 6.30 both evenings and made at the time of booking several months earlier. There were 5 couples so we were a little miffed to find that they were not expecting us for dinner on the Friday night and this was put down to lack of communication between reception and the restaurant. However the restaurant staff made up for this faux pas and the subsequent meal was excellent although over 3 hours was really not acceptable. Hence 4 not 5 stars.

The next night's dinner was excellent in every way the food and service was top notch. All the staff in the hotel were attentive and efficient. The bar and outside lawn right opposite the Cathedral added to the joy of the experience. The hotel is in easy walking distance of the rest of the city, but beware if you are infirm, that there is a very steep hill down to the river and other shops. There are loads of pubs and restaurants nearby.

The car park is spacious and handy for transporting your luggage to the rooms and accessing reception. Much to everybody's relief the Cathedral clock chimes are switched off at 10 until 7, the hour bell is certainly powerful.

By the way the breakfast was also magnificent. I would definitely stay here again if in the area and would recommend it, but check that they have your dinner reservation logged if you are dining in.

Room Tip: We had a Cathedral view room, with excellent floodlit views in the evening.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank peteinbarry
Lincoln_Hotel01, Guest Relations Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments following your recent stay with us at The Lincoln Hotel.

On your arrival at the hotel I am disappointed to hear that your booking for dinner in our Green Room Restaurant was overlooked. I shall certainly address this with the staff involved as they work extremely hard to maintain high levels of customer service for all our guests.

On a positive note I am very pleased to hear that the staff took the appropriate measures to ensure that your request was met and your experience with us was a positive one.

It is also very pleasing to hear your comments about the high standard of food, both at breakfast and in the Green Room. We take great pride in the fact that we won Restaurant of the Year in the Select Lincolnshire Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards 2014.

In the meantime thank you for all of your comments as we do appreciate all feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My partner and I had a one night stop over here on the way back from Suffolk. We paid £86 for a standard room with breakfast.The room was smaller than I would have liked therefore It couldnt accommodate a king size bed so standard a double was a slight issue for us .Bathroom was very adequate with bath and shower.Wifi did not work in the bedroom but we were on the 3rd floor .
We had a walk down to Brayford water front not to be missed lots of eating and drinking by the waters edge . On returning back to the hotel for a night cap we were informed the bar was closed for a refurb I wish the receptionist had mentioned this on booking in !!
Excellent breakfast the most comprehensive range of fruit, pastries, cheeses ,ham ,smoked salmon ,yoghurts,I have seen at any hotel, on top of this a full english could be ordered which I had and was superb the lincolnshire sausage was delicious will stay again when next In Lincoln .

Room Tip: If you want a room with a cathedral view you need to ask not all rooms have this view

Dear Guest

On your arrival to the hotel I am disappointed to hear that you were not informed of the refurbishment that was taking place in the lounge area and how it may affect you during your stay. We do endeavour to minimise any potential disruptions as all of our guests experiences are equally important to us.

It is very pleasing to hear your positive comments about the high standard of food at breakfast. We pride ourselves on the quality of our locally sourced produce and the wide variety of foods we offer to our guests.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 12 June 2014

All you need for stay, close to Cathedral ,friendly staff, good breakfast ,then explore to your hearts content the wonderful sights within walking distance of hotel,highly recommend for stay to see old quarters .

Room Tip: Make sure of "bath- shower" in your room as we found ours needed more hand grips for suppo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is nice to hear your kind comments about our breakfast and friendliness of staff. I will pass these comments onto our staff as it is always great to hear positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Lincoln Hotel soon.

James Little

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A very central hotel with excellent views of the cathedral. We had a quiet, comfortable room at the back of the hotel, but unfortunately the internet connection was too far for it to work. Our only negative comment is with the food which was good one the first day but was disappointing thereafter, (the same vegetables were served every day).

1  Thank spagettibob
Lincoln_Hotel01, Guest Relations Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Lincoln Hotel. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the Head Chef regarding the food.