“6 enjoying a weekend”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent in all respects. A fantastic view of the Cathedral from our bedroom which had an enormous queen-sized bed. Food was outstanding and well presented. In all this Hotel is exceptional value. Service was excellent and staff very friendly. Would recommend this Hotel to everyone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and i recently stayed at the White Hart in Lincoln for a weekend break,...its a very large hotel and we checked in promptly and were asked if we needed help with our cases which we declined,,,in hindsight we should of accepted as it was a bit of a maze to find our room,we eventually found it on the 3rd floor..it was a large ,well appointed room with a view of the cathederal.the hotel has its own bar and restaurant..We had breakfast on the 2 mornings we were there and there was enough to feed a family of 6.all in all .a very nice weekend.

Room Tip: Try and get a first floor room,its a bit of a trek to the other floors.
1  Thank chrisdonohue
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This Hotel is in a wonderful setting, our room looked out on the Cathedral. The staff were very helpful and the rooms very comfortable. But not really boutique as advertised. The restaurant was rather over priced and the food was pretty average. However, the breakfast was very good.

Our dog was also made very welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Cathedral
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I contacted the hotel through the online booking service on there own website. I was emailed back very quickly and they helped me find just what I was looking for. Upon arrival we was greated by a very warm and friendly welcome from the reception. Our room was perfectly presented, all the staff had a smile on their face and we was very pleased with our stay. I would highly recomend the hotel .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
LincolnWhiteHart, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Paul,
Thank you so much for your kind words, the team will be pleased to read that their efforts are appreciated. I’m pleased that we ensured your stay exceeded your expectations and you would be happy to recommend our hospitality to others.
I do hope it won’t be too long before we once again have the pleasure of your company and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the White Heart, for one night, with the intention of a nice celebration meal, for my birthday, in their restaurant, “The Lincoln Grille”.

We parked in the hotel car park which is adjacent to the main entrance. This was very good for a medieval city centre hotel.

From the hotel it’s only a short walk to the Cathedral, Castle and Steep Hill. The bus stop to lower Lincoln is only a few meters away.

Our room was the Gardiner Suite, a King Executive, which overlooks the hotel with an excellent view of the Cathedral towers. It is a very good sized room, well laid out, and well appointed. The main room was clean but the bath room was a bit worn and tired, this could do with updating. The bed was very comfortable, and you get an automatic 7.00 am alarm call from the Cathedral bells. This could be annoying or pleasant depending on your sleeping habits.

We were unable to use the Lounge bar for a light meal as all the tables were reserved on that Saturday afternoon. It was full of people all the time we stayed, so must be very popular. We went to one of the small cafes nearby instead.

We were both looking forward to our evening meal in “The Lincoln Grille”. It was quite busy and the staff where all pleasant, though we never got the same waitress/waiter twice. This may have been a contributing factor for our starters not being delivered. After a half hour wait from ordering, it was our main meal that was delivered. The restaurant manageress was apologetic and did adjust the final bill, to take off the price of our sweets. The main meals and sweets we did have were very good but the, lack of starter and half hour wait did put a damper on the evening.

The breakfast, again in the Lincoln Grille was altogether much better. There was a good choice of hot dishes. We had the full English, which was very good. I especially liked the Lincolnshire sausages. Again the staff were very pleasant and the service good.

In summary a good hotel for the price and the same for the restaurant, just put off by the mistake with the starters.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigles24
LincolnWhiteHart, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Bigles 24,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, feedback from our guests is the most important and valued form of comment for our team. Our team will be pleased to read your positive and constructive comments.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, our facilities and particularly our newly refurbished bedrooms. The feedback we have received since completing the refurbishment has been very positive. I have taken note of your comment regarding the bathroom and will be discussing this with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams in due course.
It was concerning to read that your starters were omitted from your order when dining in our restaurant and I would apologise for the inconvenience this caused to your meal. I have investigated the point with our restaurant manager and I was pleased to read that they resolved the matter to your satisfaction. It is most unusual for this type of error to occur and I remain confident that should you decide to dine with us in the future, that this issue will not be repeated.
I do hope that overall your stay with us was a memorable one and that it won’t be too long before we are able to welcome you back. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in Lincoln over night. From the outside it looks like a coaching inn, lovely facade, down a narrow road, lined with shops. Both the cathedral and castle a couple of minutes walk away. Also a good selection of tea rooms, bistros and pubs on the doorstep. When you walk inside it is very modern. Gone are the small lounges and oak furniture, I remember from a previous visit, instead leather chairs and couches, a raised sitting area to the right, modern lighting and decor. This serves as a bar/sitting area. Reception is set off to the right. They have managed to mix antique furniture in with modern all around the hotel, on landing and in corridors and it looks good. The bedroom is similarly modern, unobtrusive colours and wall pictures. Very clean and our room was spacious. The bathroom spotlessly clean and warm. The bed is a modern divan style, a bit low for the older gentleman (me) but very comfortable. Though the room is on a main street the noise is reduced and did not keep me awake at all – though I did hear the cathedral bells ringing (which I liked) and the re-cycling lorry called at 6 (which I did not like) but one has to be realistic, these are things of modern day life. The dining room breakfast) is situated on ground floor, in the Grille, where we sat was in a glass roofed area, the sun was out and it was a lovely airy bright area to sit and have a marvellous breakfast. Cereal, fruit juice, croissant, pain au chololat and yoghurts on the table for self service The very efficient and friendly (though not obsequious) staff serve hot drinks at your table and take your order. There was a wide choice from eggs on toast, porridge, to full English. I went for the excellently served and cooked eggs Benedict – absolutely delicious. I could have eaten it again!!! The staff are very friendly, they offered to collect and take my luggage to the car park which is a couple of minutes walk away across the road, but not a problem, very welcoming on both arrival and departure. Now a negative, and this is purely choice. The bar is open to non-residents and on my return Friday night, it was heaving, very busy and very noisy. But I asked if there was a separate lounge for residents and yes, there is. I was shown to the Yarborough Room by the receptionist, who insisted on taking me there personally, not just directing me from behind the desk The Yarborough Room is a lovely wooden panelled room, decked out with leather chairs and kind of small dining tables and chairs, if you wanted to read or play cards or even take a laptop. Very quiet and private, just right if you want to natter away the evening. There is no bar in this room, so you have to go back down to the lounge to top up, but there is a lift. The bar also offers an extensive cocktail list, its great fun to watch the bartender make them for you, who arevery skilled and not stupidly priced either. So will I go back to the White Hart, you bet. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LincolnWhiteHart, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Garbu74,
What a pleasure to read such a positive and warm review of our hotel! It is wonderful to read that the efforts of our team, with regards to service delivery, our refurbishment and ambience, have all been appreciated; I will certainly ensure that your kind words are passed on to the team.
I was pleased to read that your quality of sleep was not impaired despite our extremely central location in the cathedral quarter of our city. The cathedral bells are always charming to wake up to and enjoy during breakfast, this is a particular comment from many of our guests.
I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy the benefits of our new weekend resident’s lounge, it’s proving very popular with those guests who prefer a more gentile and relaxing scene as opposed to our very popular and renowned cocktail bar. We do offer table service from this bar via telephone to reception.
I do hope that it won’t be too long before we are able to enjoy the pleasure of your company once again, please rest assured that a warm welcome awaits you! Thank you for taking the time to post your review, your comments are appreciated and welcome.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked an overnight stay here as we were going to the Waddington International Air Show over the weekend.
The hotel is in a great location approx. 5 minutes walk from the truly amazing Lincoln Cathedral and historic Lincoln Castle (under refurbishment until 2015). Steep Hill is nearby and worth a wander down (you might want to get a taxi back up!) to the waterside where you'll find bars, shops and restaurants.
For a hotel situated on the high street there isn't much noise/disturbance from passers by wandering out of the various bars and restaurants nearby. The rooms are well appointed, we stayed in a very comfortable King Executive room with a generous bathroom and separate seating area. The breakfast served in The Lincoln Grille restaurant was generous and of good quality with a selection of cereals, fruits, yoghurts etc... and hot food available to order.
The staff, particularly the reception staff, are very friendly and helpful.
One thing to note is if you are staying over the Air Show weekend then make sure you book somewhere for dinner as we had a real struggle finding somewhere that had availability. We eventually managed to get in at Café Zoot just over the road and had a very enjoyable meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PammyA99,
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your visit to the Waddington Air Show; I sincerely hope you enjoyed the event!
It was a pleasure to read that our team were highlighted for being friendly and helpful, along with lovely mentions for our newly refurbished bedrooms and our breakfast in the Grille Restaurant.
I’m always pleased to read when our guests have been able to explore around our great city, it has so much to offer and I’d recommend you come back soon for a second visit!! We’d be happy to accommodate you in our award winning restaurant for dinner, it’s just what the doctor ordered after navigating the rigours of “Steep Hill!”
We look forward to seeing you again soon, where a warm welcome awaits you as always.