Holiday Inn Lincoln
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hillcrest(Lincoln)
View Hotel
All reviewsbrayford wharfcar parkexecutive roomper nightbrayford pooloverlooking the marinapedestrian areawater fronttown centresteep hillexcellent locationsat navbars and restaurantsreception staffample parkingbuffet stylefew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stopped here Friday 10th and Sat 11th 2014. Excellent location. Ideal for the Cathedral, Castle and the Panto at the Lincoln Theatre. delightful location, good car parking and nice views from the dining room over the Wharf. Despite some of the other comments we found it functional and pleasant. The staff friendly enough, over all not an unpleasant experience some seem to have found.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

LVEK

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay with us.

As you mention the hotel is ideally placed within the vibrant city of Lincoln so close to so many local attractions. I am pleased that you found the hotel’s facilities pleasant.

Should you choose to visit Lincoln again, perhaps for next years pantomime, we hope that you choose to spend it with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you once again for your time.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We picked this hotel for it,s location, knowing it's proximity to the shops, restaurants and bars in Lincoln. For a January night away, it was ideal for what we wanted, unfortunately the rainy weather spoilt our plans oh well!!! My partner and I both work in a hotel and maybe this is why we noticed the poor customer service and low stands of maintenance but the other reviewers have made comments similar. So here goes ..... Reception were just functional and cold , we we not told how to get to our room, no offer of adding breakfast ( loss of a sale , we went to wetherspoon's instead) , no acknowledgment at all at any time and on checkout , there was no request for feedback on our stay (they probably avoid this so they don't have to fill in a complaint form , they are probably aware of the issues already?). We didn't use any services bar etc so cannot comment on these. The room , you can they there has been some bedroom updates , and the furnishings were ok and clean but there was 2 lightbulbs out, 1 by the bed and the desk lamp, as a result the room was dark and when sitting at the desk the mirror is too high if you want to be able to apply make up or straighten your hair!!! The heating did not work , thankful for the portable convector heater .But there was comedy factor in the bath room, shower was boiling hot or freezing cold (nothing between) that was after getting rid of the air block which caused a high pitch wailing noise which I think would have woken up the neighbours !?!? The sink tap was a challenge to turn on .... And off again and finally the hair drier - more high pitched squeals and a burning smell to boot, I doubt the receptionist was concerned when I checked out with wet hair in the middle of winter. The walk in rate of £200 made us giggle, if i had paid this i would have been well annoyed, what we did pay was too much at a quarter of this ?!?! Lincoln is wonderful for night away , next time though we will use the premier inn !

1  Thank Lou H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Loulou872,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We arrived at the Lincoln Holiday Inn Friday Evening, after a long day spent clearing my late Aunt's property nearby. This unpleasant task was made worse by spending the night in room 222 and having to endure unacceptable room conditions. Even with the small wall mounted heater on full the room was extremely cold. The bed had a summer duvet and by 3am neither my partner or I could sleep. We had to then face another day at my aunts house with minimal sleep. Having recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Manchester, whilst attending a conference and Birmingham for the Good Food Show at the NEC, which were both excellent, our experience of Lincoln leaves a lot to be desired. The shower gel was empty in the bathroom and there was still 21st birthday confetti left from the previous occupants. We booked this hotel despite a review from Trip Adviser 12 months ago complaining of a similar experience to our own. It appears little has changed and customer feedback has not been addressed. Compared to the Holiday Inn Express, the original Holiday Inn is now showing it age. This hotel needs a revamp and some TLC. The location is excellent but I now wish we had stayed at the Express out of the town center and paid for a taxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DJR02
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear DJR02,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had stayed in this hotel twice before when it was operated by Marriott. Now Holiday Inn have taken over, the place has really gone downhill. When we booked in the receptionist couldn't even take the trouble to tell us where the breakfast room was and the time breakfast was available. We booked an Executive room at the front of the hotel. The room was large but had been designed in order to facilitate a quick clean of the room by the hotel staff. The wardrobe was very small and there was no space for other clothing. Even the bedside tables have been removed to be repaced by two small ledges with no drawers. They didn't even provide toothglasses in the bathroom. At breakfasts we both wanted coffee and were given one small cafetiere between the two of us that only contained enough for one and a half small cups in total. When any breakfast items ran out you had to find a staff member and complain - too much trouble for them to watch the breakfast bar and replenish when needed. The menu stated they were charging £13.50p for this very mediocre meal. If you haven't already paid for breakfast you can obtain a far superior one for a third of the price at the J D Wetherspoon a three minute walk away. The noise outside the hotel from the local "yoof" leaving the clubs carries on to 0330hrs so you can't leave your window open but the air conditioning is that noisy you can't sleep with it operating! I visited the bar once, there were no staff but a notice told me to seek assistance in the hotel Starbucks coffee bar if I wanted serving. So I did, to find two ladies chatting behind the counter. I explained that I would like to order drinks in the bar. They told me that they would send someone to serve me. Eventually ten minutes later one of them condescended to come and serve me. On the last morning we came down to breakfast to be told by the waitress ttat the hot breakfast buffet was cancelled due to things being "hectic". She asked me what I wanted, so I gave her my order. After fifteen minutes with there being no sign of my breakfast I saw a gentleman from the kitchen and asked him about the delay only to find that they had forgotten my order! The check out service was consistent with the check in. No questions asked about an enjoyable stay or any problems? Not even wished a safe journey home. I like Lincoln so plan to return but not to this hotel!

Room Tip: Try the Hilton next door!
1  Thank Staffsgreg

Dear Staffsgreg,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel is in a nice location overlooking the river and close to most things, Checking in was fine if a bit slow. The room was a nice size with two double beds and overlooked the river. Lovely breakfast in the morning. Excellent service from the staff who were filling up the buffet constantly and fetching us more coffee if we needed it. The only down side was the condition of the bathroom it was in desperate need of modernisation. The hair drier looked like it should be in a museum. We didn't expect this from a large hotel chain.

Sue G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

The hotel does indeed have a great location in the heart of Lincoln’s vibrant Brayford Wharf and is close to so many local amenities. I am pleased to read that you found the rooms and the breakfast pleasurable.

As you note, however, our bathrooms are in need of some modernisation and we are hoping this will start soon, there is however a modern hairdryer available in the bedroom cupboard which would have suited your needs better.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.