Stayed here for two nights while visiting friends. Superb location on the Waterfront so a choice of bars, restaurants, coffee shops (and even a cinema) within a couple of minutes walk. Away from the town centre bustle but close to it and to the Cathedral & Castle. We had a ground floor room at the front of the Hotel and the noise insulation from outside was really good. Staff were very friendly, room & bathroom were excellent but as we simply used the hotel to sleep for two nights I can't comment on any other facilities.
I do have 2 minor quibbles (three, if you count the fact that IHG's own review site wouldn't let me type enough words to put these comments there!) and they are:
1. I booked using IHG points for one night and payment for the other, so ended up with two separate bookings. I booked by telephone when I realised this would happen so that I could obtain confirmation that we would have the same room for both nights. It was therefore slightly disconcerting when checking in to hear the words "I'll just check and see if you're in the same room for both nights ...."
2. There was an event on the Wharf on the Sunday which meant the car park would not be accessible and arrangements were made for guests to park their cars just a couple of minutes walk away (only required, of course, if you needed to use your vehicle that day). However, we found out about this from our friends, who live in Lincoln, and not from the hotel. There was information at Reception, A4 sheets laid flat on the desk, but we only noticed this after we had been standing there for a few minutes waiting to ask about the arrangements. I would have thought that with the sophisticated parking registration system in use that it would have been easy enough to get this information to every room that had a registered vehicle. We could also have been told on check-in, or at the time of booking.
I gather that events on the Wharf are not uncommon so it's not as if this was a one-off.
I must emphasise that these quibbles are minor and did not spoil our stay in any way. We would happily stay here again and would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lincoln hotel, set in the centre of this contemporary city, contrasted by architectural treasures that reflect its rich history. When you're looking for a hotel in Lincoln for business travel or a weekend break, the Holiday Inn Lincoln is ideally located in the city centre on the Brayford Marina, near shopping, entertainment and major routes. At the Holiday Inn Lincoln, you'll be met with outstanding service, amenities and a spacious air-conditioned guest room with an en-suite bath and shower, ergonomic workspace, high-speed Internet for a fee, and a view of either the waterfront or Lincoln Cathedral and Lincoln Castle. We offer Full English Breakfast and dinner, the Sports Bar shows all sporting events on our large array of screens with a menu to compliment your dining experience and views of the Brayford Waterfront - 'Kids Stay and Eat Free'. Throughout the day, you can enjoy delicious fare. A sought after conference and meetings facility, the Holiday Inn Lincoln hotel offers 3 well-designed meeting rooms filled with natural light, accommodating up to 35 delegates, with a large, secure car park behind the hotel. Events: Christmas Market, Waddington Air Show, LLAMA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Lincoln reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lincoln Hotel Lincoln
- Lincoln Holiday Inn