Hillcrest
US$120
US$138
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Lincoln (Canwick) Hotel(Canwick)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfour posterlovely conservatoryfriendly hotellovely dogtwo seaterfresh fruitten minute walksmall bathroomcooked breakfastwet roomstay there againquiet locationreceived a warm welcomea small car parkvisit lincolncomfortable bedlast minute booking
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We would definitely recommend this hotel - we got a special deal which was £79 per room with breakfast inc VAT.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we had a very good, quiet nights sleep. Nice shower. Free wireless connection. Very friendly check in by the lady who owns it, who also served us our delicious full english breakfast this morning. Breakfast is served downstairs in a really lovely conservatory looking out over the Arboreteum.

Booked Mum & Dad (Dad has Parkinsons) in to a ground floor bedroom, as he wouldn't have wanted to climb the stairs which can be steep.

My partner and I walked in to town for dinner, which was a 7 minute walk past the stunning Cathedral. However Dad took a cab as the walled area (the best area) around the castle and cathedral is no place for somebody who has trouble walking.

Lincoln City was an absolute delight for us - really beautiful and historic and the Cathedral is well worth seeing.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, pick a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank donegrafftin
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed herel with my husband for a week end break in Lincoln and we were very pleased with this hotel. It is in a lovely old building in a peaceful location and yet is only a ten minute walk (not too uphill ) to the cathedral quarter.We had a four poster room with en suite, it was really comfortable,immaculately clean and well worth the extra cost as we had a lovely view of the Arboretum and valley below. Some of the decor is slightly quirky but I think that's personal taste and I think is part of the overall charm of a small hotel over a corporate type place.The owner is really friendly and nothing seems too much trouble, we arrived quite early before official 'check in' but could park and go to our room. We also were allowed a late check out and not charged as stated in their blurb.Breakfast was lovely ,freshly cooked and served in a delightful conservatory again with superb views. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.My only slight niggle was that breakfast closed at 9.30 on a Sunday which is a bit early, half an hour more would be nice,but as we were allowed to stay in the room later we could still have a lazy Sunday morning and the friendliness of the hostess more than made up for this.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the Arboretum
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redforpluck
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Attracted to the hotel as reasonable rates and no extra charges for my dog!

Hotel is on the hill in Lincoln overlooking a very pretty "Victorian" park (The Arboretum). Friendly welcome with offer of dinner menu (ok, a little unimaginative:
Nachos (as a starter?!!)
Soup
breaded Mushrooms (yawn)

Mains:
Steak
Thai Green Chick Curry with rice
Mushroom Stroganoff with rice.

So, not very racey and I ate out but I must say supper in the hotel did smell wonderful!

Breakfast is in the same dining room - quite smart with a conservatory overlooking their garden which in turn overlooks the park. (Sun was a picture rising from the east and shining into the conservatory).

I was on holiday so it didn't matter but it says breakfast is from 7:15 but after 7.30 the door to Reception was still locked...which could be a b*gger if you're on a tight work schedule!!! (Turns out it starts at 8am but not what the paperwork in the room says).

Breakfast itself was good...slightly odd things like no milk brought with coffee or on table (you had to pour it into your cup back at the breakfast bar). Likewise no butter anywhere (I don't use it but you'd have to ask). No honey or marmite...not the end of the world but it's always the little things isn't it! "Brown" toast - was I think wholemeal and was decently thick - thats a plus as in more dreary places the "brown" is just that - processed white which is dyed!

This is truly a family run hotel and you have to give them credit, Mr welcoming me, then Mrs serving in the bar/dining room. They were both very friendly - notable good eye contact from Mrs and lots of "no trouble" "no worries" etc...so thank you to them for their kindness.

My room was fine (Room 1) right on the ground floor BUT next door to the front door, so you could hear everyone coming and going, doors closing and all their conversations - so a) the front door needs an effective door closer and b) I'd suggest another door in Room 1 creating a "dressing area" which should prevent most of the noise... Fortunately the hotel was pretty empty and I was out until after 10:30pm so it didn't effect me much - just a point to note if you want a quite few days and they stick you in that room!

Room was fine, they had obviously tried. Clean, better than basic (i.e. without the ghastly honey pine you so in many places). Bathroom fine, modernish and cleanish.

Bedroom bin was not full but it hadn't been emptied (am I being petty?).

The free wifi had a good signal and was fast.

Bed was wonderfully comfortable with four pillows and beautiful crisp sheets = A++

Would I stay again...um, another room maybe...yes I guess so!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Maplins_Minor
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My wife & i went for one night for our wedding anniversary & we where totally satisfied with everything about this gem of an hotel. Speedy check in,very friendly hosts, room clean & best evening meal in a long time(thats at an hotel i mean as not to offend the wife). My wife had salmon & i had pork chop which where cooked to perfection. All in all i cant praise this place enough. Finally i would like to say thanks to the hosts Mark & Mandy from Mark & Mandy. We hope to see them again, well done to you both especially Mandy who pulls a good pint aswell.

Room Tip: Room number 10 as a nice 4 poster bed & is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark4561
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed in this lovely friendly hotel for 2 nights. It was in a great location, only about 10 mins from cathederal, and our room overlooked the beautiful park. There was not as much choice if you did not want a cooked breakfast as other places I have stayed but this was not a problem and the cooked breakfast was made to order. We did not stay for the evening meals only because we did not want to spend too much time in the hotel itself. The reason for our visit was to go to the records office to research our family tree but we found it closed until December. If we come back another time we will definitely stay here and recommend it to friends and relatives.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple