“What a place! Great food and very reasonable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crust

Crust
Ranked #72 of 448 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a place! Great food and very reasonable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

With a very rare evening out away from the children we wanted to dine somewhere different. Crust didn't disappoint, from the unique decor to the quality of the food. A very personal service with the chef also acting as a waiter but the food didn't reflect this. Cooked to perfection and packed full of flavor. I would recommend Crust to anyone and everyone who shall ask.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I found this restaurant more or less by accident: it is on the first floor so one doesn't see the interior from the street and there is no flashy advertising outside. It is positively wonderful. I had the tastiest best cooked fish that I have eaten for years, and at a price that (even with a massive tip) was amazingly low. Most strongly recommended: I shall tell friends visiting Lincoln that it is a must.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank John K
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Imps visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Cannot believe I only visited this amazing place today after living in Lincoln most of my life. There was nothing to prepare me for finding myself back in the 1970s. The waiter was an expert at his role and was very friendly. The food was delicious and traditional. 5/5 from me and my daughter intends to take her visiting friend next week. Well worth visit

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Cylon2014
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Eccentricity and quality at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited this restaurant after reading other trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The waiter Oliver was very friendly and welcoming, you could tell that he had worked there for a number of years and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was to a very high standard and had lots of flavour. Whilst the décor is a little dated I think this added to the charm of the place. 2 of us had a 3 course meal with two carafe of wine all this for £44!!! great value. Would certainly return

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Carol M
West Yorkshire, UK
“First time Friday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just come back from a weeken break in Lincoln where we had gone (primarily) to see the Waddington Air Show.

As we had never been to Lincoln before we booked Crust for dinner on the Friday evening based on the other positive reviews and we were not let down in any way shape or form. All the food we ordered was spot on, tasty, good service and washed down with a very good red wine and all at very sensible prices, in fact3 courses + wine for £53 - outstanding value.

Couldn't figure out why this lovely local restaurant serving good food with good wine wasn't busier? To tell you the truth not that bothered really, we enjoyed it all but maybe the decor has put some people off? It is a little quirky in this day and age but that doesn't detract from the quality of what is served up and the ambience of the place was just right for a very enjoyable night.

We also met some great guys from Kansas who were displaying aircraft at Waddington and i think they also had a good night although maybe, as it was 4th July, just that bit more special for them?!

So, well done Crust, hope to return at some point.

• Visited July 2014