“Delicious, the beef Wellington is a must!”
Review of Reform Restaurant

Reform Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 516 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: £7 - £40
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2019

I took my parents for a Saturday night treat and we were all very happy with the whole experience. We were greeted by very friendly staff who took us to our table. The dinning room is very cosy and beautifully decorated. The menu is amazing, with plenty of options for all palates. The waitress was spot on from start to finish, always very polite and charming, attentive but without being intrusive. We went for lamb and salmon as starters, followed by duck breast, beef Wellington and monkfish. All the dishes are very clever and tasted incredible, and were beautifully presented. The price is more than reasonable for the high quality of food you get, we will definitely come back soon!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank ViatjantPelMon
DavidBeech18, Front Office Manager at Reform Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I do hope you will come again. For all the latest offers and menus please visit the website

Reviewed 28 September 2019

You would think that as guests of the hotel we would have been looked after by the staff, but from the moment that we tried to walk into the restaurant all we were met with was platitudes and lies. Your table will be five minutes was the opening gambit, have a seat in the bar.

Half an hour later I went back to the restaurant and tackled the staff, whereupon I was informed that we could be seated immediately. However they had no menus as they were all out at present. I asked the woman in charge to be straight with me as I felt it was apparent that they were understaffed and struggling. Your food will be fifteen minutes from time of order Iwas assured.

Our drinks order was taken and some fifteen minutes later we still had no drinks and our order had not been taken.We also noticed that people who had been sat in the bar area with us and had gone through to the restaurant well before us had not been served and still had menus sat on their tables.

When the staff finally came over to us we decided that enough was enough and we were going elsewhere as we couldn't wait for another 45 minutes (judging by the backlog of diners and orders), which would have been one and a quarter hours after our allotted booking.

Next time maybe they will adhere to the addage that honesty is the best policy.

1  Thank Graham S
DavidBeech18, Front Office Manager at Reform Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Dear Mr Shaw

I have had a chat with the staff working that evening and I have been assured you turned up very early for your meal and we simply could not accommodate you any earlier then your booking because we was full at that time. There may have been a slight wait but not the one exaugurated in your review. They invited you to wait at the bar where you would be able to get some pre-dinner drinks.

The guests you saw going through to the restaurant was in fact guests who had pre-booked that time slot. They had not forgotten about you. The restaurant can get busy, especially on a Saturday evening. The timings you have mentioned are simply your own interpretation and we was not given a chance to prove you wrong as you left. We are more then capable of running the restaurant and had planned the evening as we do all of the time. There was no backlog of dinners just a busy dining room which one would expect on a Saturday evening.

Other guests dining that evening have given us such positive reviews and nobody else had an issue with wait times.

You have clearly not enjoyed your stay with us and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I also think it fair for the business to have their say on the matter as reviews of this nature can be damaging to an independent family run business and are not always a true reflection of events.

Reviewed 27 September 2019

The staff could not have been more pleasant but they could and should be much better trained. The setting is comfortable and the decor is smart, it is a pleasant place to eat, we had a round table for six. The waitresses didn't know what half the ingredients on the menu were and made frequent elementary errors like serving all the soups but not providing soup spoons. Vegetarian main course options were very disappointing, they clearly hadn't been well thought through, or had just been poorly cooked. Deserts were average and when you consider the prices the overall take away was a sense of disappointment.

2  Thank 294stuart793

Thank you for your review.

I can only apologies about the errors made. I would be interested to know what date and time you dined with us so I can look into this further. Please could you email info@castlehotel.net for the attention of myself.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 September 2019

Four of us (2 couples) visited here this wet Sunday afternoon to partake of the afternoon tea menu in the Reform Restaurant. My husband and I are great fans of afternoon tea and have enjoyed this traditional British meal in many restaurants, including The Berkeley Hotel, London and Reid’s Palace, Funchal, Madeira.

The menu offered in the Reform Restaurant was very good and we were all agreed that the whole experience was excellent. We liked the idea of the warm savoury course, the sweet onion chutney patties were delicious as, too, were the sausage rolls. The fillings in the sandwiches were generous to say the least, definitely more filling than bread. The scones were fresh and light but didn’t fall to pieces when cut in half and there was ample jam and cream for the 4 of us. Another nice touch was the Forest Fruits smoothie, although we all agreed that this was a little bland, but it didn’t stop us from devouring it all. Last, but not least, the homemade cakes. A custard tart, Bakewell slice and petit fours comprising salted fudge and chocolate brownies. Delicious!

Needless to say we couldn’t manage to finish this delightful tea so the very pleasant waitress boxed all the leftovers for us to take home.

The only slight niggle we had was that the tea was brewed from teabags, there was no Assam on offer and perhaps a larger choice of herbal/fruit teas for those, like myself, who dislike real tea.

Overall, this was a really pleasant experience and I can well recommend the advertised afternoon tea. The staff were extremely pleasant, welcoming and on hand for refills of tea. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to return again.

Hello

I am so glad to hear you have enjoyed your afternoon tea. It was lovey to serve you and hopefully we would see you again in the future!

If you book again please let us know what teas you like and we will look at seeing if we can stock it for the occasion.

Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2019

Delicious meal at Reform, and were happy for us to have a main from the bar menu, and pudding from the main menu. We were seated in the main restaurant which is a very comfortable space. Very helpful waitress.

Hello

I am glad to read you have enjoyed meal with us.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future!

Regards