“Good grub”

Ranked #86 of 467 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just popped in for a late lunch on Good Friday. To be honest I didn't expect many people to be in, but there were a good few tables taken. We weren't extravagant, sharing a starter, before having a meal each... and of course we washed it down with a nice, fresh Italian Sauvignon Blanc.

I had an al forno dish whilst the missus had some form of salad!! As salads go, she really enjoyed it; mine was very tasty, if not a bit thin, and it probably could've done with a wee bit of garlic bread at the side... but I'm not complaining.

The service was good, the atmosphere good, the location good and the quality of food was good, so all in all, it was good.

Definitely recommend as the best Italianesque chain in lincoln.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lovely pizza, fantastic service. Would definitley recommend. Used our Tesco vouchers, expensive if paying full price.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I went here last Saturday the 22nd of March. We were shown to our seat quickly, however the waitress was slow to take our order. When the meal arrived it was tiny and we both left hungry. This was my first visit and I would not return.

1  Thank minnie915
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely food as zizzi is, however we have been to the lincoln branch twice now on a Saturday night and each time the service is very slow. We waited at least half hour before our drinks order was even taken, the table was short of a chair. This branch really cannot cope with a busy reatarant. Maybe different during the week but avoid a Saturday night.

1  Thank Debi L
Reviewed 3 March 2014

had a nice meal here last saturday. i had reserved a table, which was good as it was rather busy. when i placed my online reservation i did mention it was a special weekend-as my husband and i were in Lincoln to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.
So it was a shame this wasn't mentioned by anyone on our visit. I wasn't expecting any special treatment, just a 'congratulations' would've been nice.
the food was pleasant and waitress service was good.