“Good food, strange surroundings”

La Trattoria Da Vincenzo
Ranked #8 of 454 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Good food, strange surroundings”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food was very good from a limited menu, which I like, I always wonder about never ending menus & how they can all be fresh.

Very reasonably priced for an Italian, though the reastaurant is in what was a house, so eating in what was once the front room felt strange! If you can put up with that do visit because the food makes it worth it.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Derek M

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Amazing food with amazing staff!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My friend and I went to the restaurant on Wednesday night for the first time. This is a place that I had heard lots of fantastic reviews and I can now say this place is fantastic. The food was amazing, we had the prawns and bruschetta to start. I can simply say both tasted delicious and the prawns where the juiciest I have ever tasted. For mains we had sea bass and cod loin and again, cooked superbly. My friend had a chocolate pudding and I stayed with coffee but again all high quality. This is a place we will always go to now, as after our meals we spoke to the staff and it felt that you had been friends for them forever. This is a must go for anyone but book to avoid disappointment!

2 Thank Clare200
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Ate here for the second time, and was equally good both times. some nice Italian wines and good choice of food on the menu. Sauces in particular are very good. Only criticism would be that the steak in my main was quite chewy. Staff are attentive but not "in your face" and very friendly

1 Thank Elaine H
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing meal Italian food doesn't get any better than this”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We visited la trattoria da Vincenzo for our 10th wedding anniversary, we had a truly fantastic meal cooked in a traditional way in traditional Italian surroundings. The staff couldn't have done any more for us and made our day so very special. We were introduced to Vincenzo the chef who enquired if we were enjoying our meal and congratulated us when we told him the reason for our visit. The meal was reasonably priced cooked to perfection across all courses . Prior to writing this review I took the liberty of reading other peoples reviews , frankly I wonder what planet the few that have written negative comments about this restaurant are on , this is a fantastic restaurant and we will be returning again for my wife's birthday at the end of the month,
Thank you so much for a lovely meal and for your attention to detail also. If you like a well planned reasonable top quality Italian meal look no further it's wonderful.

“Truly awful”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Truly terrible food, possibly the worst Italian I've been to.
Every dish was revolting, cheap ingredients.
Packet pasta, even though website says all freshly made.
Free olives were cheapest available, pitted and out of a authentic sauce = generic tomato slop, (tasted like out if a jar from dolmio)
The veal looked like it came from a chip shop.
The prawns were vile in my dish and the mussels which were supposed to be I the dish were nowhere to be seen.
Can't understand all the good reviews.
The restaurant itself is basically a terraced house with some tables set out. Zero atmosphere.
The waitress was nice tho, which is the only plus point!
Pitiful excuse for an authentic restaurant!