“Visited three times disorganised forgotten booking chef gone home - don't bother booking here don't deserve your custom”
Review of Ye Olde Crowne

Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Ye olde crowne now open after a £400,000 refurbishment, To create lincolns most amazing pub. Drinking, Dinning, Accommodation. New menu using the finest locally sourced produce from our lincolnshire independant suppliers. We also have a speacial theatre menu for our theatre customers. We have also created butique style letting bedrooms. Finest choice of cask ales and real open fires.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have been here three times this year the first time in a party of four I enjoyed my meal and evening but the rest of my party had to return there food as it was cold. I decided to visit again a few weeks later with a friend on a Thursday evening the pub was empty except for a family finishing a meal we ordered drinks and asked for a menu only to be told that every table was booked and we wouldn't be able to eat there.Strange but took them on face value and left. Another friend booked a table for us three weeks in advance and I didnt tell her of my experience we arrived on the Fridayevening to be told by the barman he didn't know of any booking he checked the book found the reservation but told us chef had gone home with personal problems and was offered a drink instead he was very embarrassed but the owner or manager didn't even come out to sort the matter out! I have run my own business for 16 years and cannot believe their attitude ! My advice is look at the very mixed reviews here these people can't be bothered half the time , there are far better restaurants and bars run by professionals who do give customer service don't bother giving these amateurs your custom!! I certainly wouldn't stay overnight there either beware they have live bands on till after midnight .

• Visited October 2012

chester
“Ye Olde Crowne Hotel Rooms”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Seduced by price reduction on late rooms and promises of a boutique hotel I booked for one night. On arrival noticed that the advertised price was the same as the late rooms "discounted" price. The bar manager showed me to the room. Looked OK if not exactly boutique. However soon discovered that there was no central heating and that the bathroom refurbishment was still a work in progress; missing tiles, no curtain or hook for hand held shower, block of wood supporting the WC cistern. I sat on the bed and fell through it. One of the cross slats was broken. I removed the matress to swop the slat for one at the foot of the bed. This made some improvement but the whole bed frame seemed broken. Also the room (2) faces the street where opposite is a kebab shop and minicab office which were busy through the early hours of the morning.
On leaving in the morning the only staff visible was the bar manager from the night before. I asked for a VAT receipt but he was unable to provide one. I was promised one by email but this has not happened.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank ourtony
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GROUPON VOUCHER”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Pleasently impressd
A friend and I had lunch here, no complaints what so ever. not busy a table had been reserved the waiter was charming the food was very good and the atmosphere surroundings great. Aksed the waiter if he wouldt mind the tv being switch off he abliged our requests.
Will visit again !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lesley D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Went here for Sunday lunch and it was the best I've had in any restaurant. I never have a roast when I go out as no one ever does it has good as I can! But as we arrive we saw it coming out and thought we would try it, and it was well worth the try loved it beef melted in my mouth, and the place is the cleanest I've seen any public place. And the staff were also as good as the food! If your in Lincoln make sure you try it!

1 Thank Thompson20122
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Hotel Room's ( Amazing) Great Food!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Me and my husband booked a room on laterooms, To stay over night in lincoln. We arrived at Ye Olde Crowne and was Welcomed by the manager. He got us a complementary soft drink. and made us feel so welcome he then checked us in to a standard double room, When he took us up to our room he opened the door and i have never seen a standard double room like this, It was amazing very much (boutique) Beautiful taste. We then had dinner in the dinning area and it was just as good. Well worth a visit if visiting lincoln.

• Visited August 2012