“deceptively delicious”

Ye Olde Crowne
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ye olde crowne now open after a £400,000 refurbishment, To create lincolns most amazing pub. Drinking, Dinning, Accommodation. New menu using the finest locally sourced produce from our lincolnshire independant suppliers. We also have a speacial theatre menu for our theatre customers. We have also created butique style letting bedrooms. Finest choice of cask ales and real open fires.
Reviewed 3 February 2013

great sunday lunch in this deserted pub , spacious very clean and well looked after. Quality of the food and portions are excellent especially at the six pounds price tag and the service was spot on. Ignore the signs outside offering deals - evidently they "ran out" in November and they haven't got round to changing them and don't tell you before you order! they still put them out each day though -how odd! Shame as everything else first class

There are newer reviews for Ye Olde Crowne

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Booked a table today for me and my husband, Never visited the ye olde crown before its not really a place have come across. So after getting recommended to try the food by a friend i thought of giving it a try,

Food was excellent! Really enjoyed it, You can tell its all homemade. Staff are very friendly and helpful it was quite busy but everyone seem to get a lot of attention and the manager did a table check to every table and i thought that was nice.

Would recommend for food and drinks. The only thing i would say is that they didn't have a very wide choice on sparking wine. But apart from that great place.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have been here three times this year the first time in a party of four I enjoyed my meal and evening but the rest of my party had to return there food as it was cold. I decided to visit again a few weeks later with a friend on a Thursday evening the pub was empty except for a family finishing a meal we ordered drinks and asked for a menu only to be told that every table was booked and we wouldn't be able to eat there.Strange but took them on face value and left. Another friend booked a table for us three weeks in advance and I didnt tell her of my experience we arrived on the Fridayevening to be told by the barman he didn't know of any booking he checked the book found the reservation but told us chef had gone home with personal problems and was offered a drink instead he was very embarrassed but the owner or manager didn't even come out to sort the matter out! I have run my own business for 16 years and cannot believe their attitude ! My advice is look at the very mixed reviews here these people can't be bothered half the time , there are far better restaurants and bars run by professionals who do give customer service don't bother giving these amateurs your custom!! I certainly wouldn't stay overnight there either beware they have live bands on till after midnight .

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Seduced by price reduction on late rooms and promises of a boutique hotel I booked for one night. On arrival noticed that the advertised price was the same as the late rooms "discounted" price. The bar manager showed me to the room. Looked OK if not exactly boutique. However soon discovered that there was no central heating and that the bathroom refurbishment was still a work in progress; missing tiles, no curtain or hook for hand held shower, block of wood supporting the WC cistern. I sat on the bed and fell through it. One of the cross slats was broken. I removed the matress to swop the slat for one at the foot of the bed. This made some improvement but the whole bed frame seemed broken. Also the room (2) faces the street where opposite is a kebab shop and minicab office which were busy through the early hours of the morning.
On leaving in the morning the only staff visible was the bar manager from the night before. I asked for a VAT receipt but he was unable to provide one. I was promised one by email but this has not happened.

2  Thank ourtony
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Pleasently impressd
A friend and I had lunch here, no complaints what so ever. not busy a table had been reserved the waiter was charming the food was very good and the atmosphere surroundings great. Aksed the waiter if he wouldt mind the tv being switch off he abliged our requests.
Will visit again !!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Lesley D