Queen In The West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Hillcrest(Lincoln)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeer gardenthe pubthe ground floorfull englishfruit juice and toastexcellent beerrear doornice furniturereal aleb bparking permitdownstairs roomminute walk from the centreone night staytea making facilitiestea traycomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely family run pub. Very friendly staff. Check in very easy and quick. About a ten minute walk into lincoln centre. Free parking. Rooms clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast is very good. Would definately stay again and price is so reasonable

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at The Queen in the West for one night on Thursday 3rd July. I was quite surprised to find it in a quiet, residential area but it was easy to walk to from Lincoln station.
The room was spotlessly clean and beautifully presented; all the amenities worked without problems. I had a double bed all to myself and a lovely little en-suite; even though it backs onto the beer garden, it wasn't particularly noisy. I had some trouble with the WiFi connection but was offered use of the pub's connection to The Cloud instead, which worked fairly well. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well.
My full breakfast in the morning was delicious - I was sorry not to finish it due to time constraints and being so full! Service was given with a smile and I got the impression that the staff were happy to help.
So, for only £40 I had a double bed, en-suite, full English breakfast cooked to order in the morning and great customer service. I don't think you can ask for more than that! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank imogendl
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on Friday 02nd May. Greeting on arrival was fast friendly and helpful. Parked straight outside the pub and was given free parking permit. Room was fresh, clean and cosy. We were in room 2 upstairs which was great (stairs were quite steep so not suitable for elederly but we thought they were quite fun). Pub is traditional and welcoming with a mixture of local folk and students. Breakfast was fantastic. 10 minute walk to Brayford Pool and all the shops/bars/restaurants of Lincoln. Best to take a steady walk through the Brayford Pool area work your way up to the cathedral where there are some lovely pubs and eateries. We caught a taxi back (£4.50)for a nightcap in the pub as we had consumed quite a few drinks and had a nice Thai meal. Would fully recommend this place and will certainly return. Thanks Queen in the West.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night as we were going to see a comedian at The Engine Shed. We found the pub really easily and managed to get parked bang outside. When we checked in we were given a permit to display - we paid £10 deposit for this which we got back the next morning. The pub is lovely and traditional with tvs showing sport and were shown to our room out the back through the beer garden. Our room was downstairs and had two entrances - one onto the main street so you didnt have to go through the beer garden and pub to get in and out. Our room was a decent size with a massive comfy bed. The room was a bit cold so we needed to use the heater that was supplied. The quilt on the bed was lovely and thick though so it was fine. Its about a 10 minute walk into town through a student area which is fine - we did get a taxi home at night though just for ease. When we came back the pub was still open so we had a drink and the Landlord came straight over to say hello and ask if we had had a good night. Breakfast was served in the pub between 7.30-9.30 and was delicous! We had the full english and everything was really well cooked. There was also plenty of cereals to choose from too. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again.Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Bottom room was fine - no noise and two entrances.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We wanted a 1 night stay in Lincoln to visit the cathedral this was just ideal for us. It is a residential area about 15min walk from the main city centre a proper locals pub. The owners and staff are all very friendly and we received a permit for the on street parking - fantastic! We had room 2 which is the only room at the top of some very step stairs it felt private and tucked away which was lovely. Our first thoughts where that it may be a bit cold as there is no central heating but there are to plug in oil radiators and after leaving them on for a while it was really cosy and we had to turn them off as it was too hot.The room was really comfortable and the bathroom was great too. It was Thursday night which was quiz night the pub was really busy and we joined in the quiz and chatted to some of the locals - great atmosphere. We had a really tasty full English breakfast the next morning before we set of for the city. Fantastic value for money we would definitely stay again in we are visiting Lincoln.

Room Tip: Room 2 is nice and private but the stairs up are very steep
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple