“Our first visit but will be one of many more to this restaurant”

The Bowl Full Tapas Bar
Ranked #5 of 531 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: small family run restaurant, specialising in authentic Spanish tapas. Excellent choice of beers, wine and food in a relaxed, homely environment.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Over the past few weeks we had seen and heard many good reports about the new owners, the service and food at this restaurant so we decided to eat there this week. What a lovely relaxed experience from the moment we arrived to leaving 2 hours later. The service and food was excellent. The extensive and tempting menu resulted in our eyes being bigger than our tummies but Karl the chef arranged for 2 take away packs of what was left and I have just enjoyed them for lunch - bonus (the meatballs just as good cold). We were disappointed that we could not manage desert but we will have room next time we visit. Thank you Annemarie and Karl we had a lovely evening and will be visiting you again real soon.

1  Thank Alan M

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited the restaurant after hearing it had new proprietors and it is walking distance from our home in Lincoln, It was a fabulous night, small and very romantic, no rushed service, perfect food, the chef talked us through the cheese platter which was divine. The tapas were not the usual boring tapas but varied and mixed with suggested platters to choose from for virgin tapas eaters. The wine was superb with an extensive Spanish choice. Would I go again oh yes definitely.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We took our two children for a meal last night and had a fantastic meal. The new owners have kept the authentic feel and the food is as excellent as it always has been. Particular favourites are the patatas bravas and tortilla which is cheesy and gorgeous! The house wine is extremely good although they have some beautiful choices of Rioja on offer. I love how Karl, the chef, comes to the tables and talks about the food they are serving and Annemarie helped us decide how many dishes we needed! The paprika bread was fab and the aioli is lovely and strong with garlic. I had one of the best desserts I have ever had - a Spanish creme brûlée - beautiful and the children were very happy with the chocolate cake! Our children are already excited about going the next time and we will definitely be recommending to friends. The Daubney family

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I ate here this wknd . I thought the service was excellent. To start we had the combination platter which the chef brought out and told us what exactly we were eating different cheeses/cured meats. It was gorgeous . The tapas that followed was nice although I didn't quite get the Lincolnshire meatball dish with a dip that tasted a bit Indian I didn't really think it fit into authentic tapas and we didn't really like them but that was our opinion and I'm sure some people would love them. All in all a lovely night great wine great service and we wish them all the luck in the world .

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

A great little place to eat, the only downside to this is a couple of the tables are a bit close together, but as soon as the food arrives you soon forget about this, we were sat on one of these but as soon as another table came available we asked to move and it was no problem, now to the food , negatives - I couldnt name one, every single dish we had was lovely I especially liked the small green pepper things and the chorizo and chickpea, my wife's fave was the sausage meatball thingies, all the staff were great and couldn't have been more helpful, and to top it all the prices are very reasonable, we will definitely be going back again,.