“outstanding”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 22 January 2012

only spent one night at double tree by hilton at lincoln's brayford pool. what a good night it was!!!! the hotel is new, been open for just two weeks. the finish is superb and at the moment is priced to take custom from its holiday inn next door neighbour and across the water holiday express. it beats them hands down.

room very nice
bed is real comfy and big! i never thought i would be impressed by pillows!!!
breakfast excellent. full english plus cereal, fruit, croissants, muffins...what else could you want.
staff..very curtious, friendly and helpfull.
gym..good range of equipment (take i pod/headphones)

downside....car park full but a public one a couple of minutes walk away.
price of drinks in very nice electric bar are as expensive as expected.

talking to the owner...what a nice guy...he asked if we had tried the resteraunt as it has michelin chef. we hadnt but will next time and there will be a next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paul r
Philip W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Fantastic feedback, thank you. The whole team are over the moon with your comments (including the owner) We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again to try our great Restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights this week. Its a brand new hotel and its lovely. The staff were very attentive, and the food was excellent. They even offered to take my coffee to my room at no extra charge as I was dining alone! I will stay here again- well done. It seemed like a very tight and cohesive team-which is very unusual. Someone has spent time choosing the staff well!

The only negative is the walk form the car park to the hotel -there should be an entrance direct from the hotel to the car park it would make it much easier with luggage.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Philip W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Great feedback, thank you. We have tried very hard to be as proactive with the limited car park situation we have here at the hotel and it is very difficult with the design of our building to offer an alternative entrance other than the one to the side of the hotel to Reception that was used on your visit. Overall, it was great to see you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

As you would expect from a new hotel the rooms are immaculate, and well furnished. At the time of writing the hotel is still under construction, but it is difficult to find too much fault with it. The staff are generally friendly, although I did have a small issue. I returned to my room one evening to find that my room had been left open by the cleaners, as it was around midnight it must have been like that for around at least 8 hours. I wasn't too impressed as my room contained all my possessions, such as credit cards, laptop, passport, car keys, etc. On making a complaint, I was promised that the situation would be dealt with. I am still waiting for that response! I noticed that the general manager had time to respond to the positive feedback that has been left on this website, but unfortunately nobody has contacted me regarding my situation. I suppose it doesn't matter now that I have checked out.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of understanding exactly why this incident has happened. We take guest security very seriously indeed. Having only been made aware about the incident at 9am on Monday 23rd January. I am sorry that it has taken some time to respond to you, i understand from my Duty Manager we have tried to contact you but we have had no reply, therefore and i will be contacting you personally to discuss the way forward.
I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that this was an isolated incident and does not represent the exceptionally high standard of security we pride ourselves on.
Thank you once again for your constructive comments.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel on the Saturday night for a special occasion, found the hotel to be incredible, the front of house staff were atentive, friendly and unlike many other hotels very fast at getting you booked in and to your room which were incredibly roomy and stylish yet very practicle. There was a large party of us eating in the Electric restaurant situated on the top floor of the hotel, with breath taking views of Lincoln the restaurant with viewing windows into the kitchen was fantastic, we ate from the al carte menu and the food was sublime, everyone got there food at the same time and the standard of service from the dining staff could rival any top London restaurant, we had cocktails in the electric bar after dinner also at the top of the hotel complete with a glass lift this comtempary chic bar had an atmosphere to match its name and the cocktail list had something to satisfy our entire group. My overall experience of this newly opened hotel was excellent and I cannot recommend it highly enough wether for a romantic break or as a base to explore the wonderful city of Lincoln.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here for one night on business in Lincoln, the room was delightful and had everything I needed. Front of house manager Stacy was unbelievably helpful as this was my first time in Lincoln and she had a wealth of knowledge. Will certainly stay here again - great hotel, great restaurant, and delightful hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Philip W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Thank you for such a great reveiw - it is a great pleasure to reveive such wonderful feedback from our guests. I will ensure Stacy made aware of your comments. As one of our Managers, her professionalism and knowledge is a credit to our hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Rooms were very clean, modern & comfortable. Very spacious bathrooms. Best thing was the location - right on the wharf next to all the restaurants & cinema. Lincoln town center is minutes away & the cathedral just a 20 minute walk. Would definetly stay here again if in town

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank ducky1976
Philip W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Thank you so much for you kind review, its a pleasure to be responding to such a positive first review for our new hotel. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Wonderful hotel, just what Lincoln needs! Will definitely use regularly and recommend to our friends. The Electric restaurant is fabulous, delicious food beautifully presented and fantastic service!

• Stayed: December 2011
Philip W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Great feedback, the team really deserve the praise, they have all worked so hard to open our Hotel and Restaurant and feedback like this gives them the boost to get even better.

Thanks you so much.