“NOt bad but not worth the money”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in a junior suite for our anniversary, the welcome with a warm cookie was great but the room was disappointing - a nice balcony but no chairs to sit out there! the bathroom was nice but the shower had mould all round the base of the tray which you wouldn't expect in a room of this price! The cocktail bar is very nice and a great selection, we ate n the restuarant and although there were lots of staff the service was very slow - we waited more than 20 minutes for a drink when we were sat at our table and then we had to ask to be served! the food was ok but the overall experience was spoilt by the first impression! The staff seemed to be more focussed on clearing empty tables than serving the customers in the restaurant! so overall would go back but not for a special occasion!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardpU3297UD
Paul N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your review, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. I will ensure we rectify the imperfections in your room experience immediately and will discuss your service issues with our restaurant team to ensure we deliver a more customer focused experience for all future guests. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for a more favorable experience the next time you are looking to visit Lincoln.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel has very littel parking so you have to use a tight multi-storey which I will gurante you will scrape some part of your car if bigger than a matchbox. Hotel itself is good and I was amazed how quite our room was, must have been one of the better ones I have stayed in

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our second visit to this hotel and yet again very pleased with it . it's in a lovely position with loads to do on your door step . our only gripe is that we went on the feel Good Friday 4 course meal , bottle of wine ,cocktail and breakfast. . This offer we used last November . When we sat in the restaurant the head waiter brought the wine list to which I said oh we have wine included in our offer . He looked at me and said we don't do that anymore to which I replied but I read it on the internet yesterday . To be honest he made me feel embarrassed by questioning it he said he would check but we ordered a bottle anyway . He never came back to me on this and I had to ask him if he had found out he said it's not on the internet anymore . He didn't top our wine up at all and seemed to be watching us and we felt that we was being talked about . We left after our dessert we didn't get offered coffee . I went down to the computers to check the offer and found in the terms and conditions the wine was still on there . We shown the receptionist who shown a manager they said they would take the wine off the bill . when we checked out £8.00 was added to our bill from the electric bar we know my husband had a £2.00 supplement on his starter but we didn't question it because we felt that we was complaining again . The head waiter saw. Us a few times and we saw him at the. Computers but he never came to apologise about the confusion he seemed a bit annoyed with us . We will still visit this hotel but in future print everything off to save the embarrassment .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Lovely clean and friendly hotel located close to restaurants and city. Limited parking but we were able to park in the car park and walk to the city . family room was ideal for short stay - double bed and sofa bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything you want really on the accomodation side. Comfortable beds etc.....The outstanding thing though was the restaurant on the top floor with lovely views over the city and the cathedral. Lovely views but Amazing food. Seafood cocktail the best I have had on years. The fish and chips that went past the table looked and smelled so good...I didn't have that though. I had the salmon which was perfect. Definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Arranged a one night surprise stay in a suit overlooking the marina for my husbands 50th birthday. Bed, breakfast and evening meal package deal. It did not disappoint, room 201 was a delight. I would like to thank ALL of the staff who made our stay very special indeed. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to Lincoln on business and also took the time to visit the cathedral - which is magnificent. the hotel is brilliantly located for the city centre and university. Staff were really helpful and meals taken were really good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business