“Briefvisitor”

DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good hotel (a bit lacking in soul) in an excellent location. Ask for a room with a view (as opposed to the car park or Holiday Inn next door). Nice waterfront area and close to city centre for sight-seeing, eating out and entertainment. Good idea to have the restaurant and bar on the 5th floor to take advantage of the elevated views over the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A fantastic visit to Lincoln with a beautiful room overlooking the harbour. The room and had a separate living area and the bathroom had a bath and a shower, would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Check in was a little fraught with one receptionist and a trainee who was more of a hindrance than a help. Seemed to take forever to check in as receptionist answering phone trying to check us in and provide training to the new girl. The staff were all pleasant and chatted to you, the bar on the fifth floor was lovely although the breakfast room provided nicer views of the castle and cathedral. A place I will be revisiting soon.

Room Tip: The Rooms facing the Harbour are beautiful although more expensive still value for money, some noise...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank widowsinwhite
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at the hotel, nothing too much trouble. The service was excellent, breakfast great and the little extras for frequent hilton visitors makes the difference. Car park small but not a problem, as council one down the road which was cheaper. We had a nice room on the third floor but want a balcony next time.

Definitely be back

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

To be fair this is a nice new hotel in what is to be honest the best part of Lincoln city, with great views and high level of finish to hotel and rooms, however there are some things that are not so great, being honest. The parking is not as bad as everyone was saying, and even at gone 10pm at night there was still two spaces not taken, not alot, but spaces, the fact you have to pay to park in the hotel, is a bit of a Ryanair add-on, and does make you think its a bit much maybe? The rooms are nice, but mine was next to the lift, and could here it going up and down all night, so might be worth mentioning that you would want one away from this for the ones that plan things. It gets hot in the rooms this time a year, and a bug bear of mine is the windows do not open, i know its a safety thing, but a small window to open does make you feel less trapped and some fresh air, which i am afraid i need to sleep, which is why it gets 80%

Room Tip: Get a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Took some time out mid June to celebrate the day I met my partner (obviously I took her with me). I would like to give Doubletree Hilton an Excellent rating however, it would not be a true reflection due to limitations out of their control.

So my lovely plan of travelling to Lincoln with my better half, suprising her with an evening of fireworks worked out well... The Lincoln Carnival was being hosted by the Bayford Water Front on saturday and all throughout the day the activities continued. We took a lovely (she hated it) strole up Steep Lane to the Castle and Cathedral at the top. And we gathered our bearings for a night of fun.

Returning to the hotel, we checked in, and were advised that due to the Carnival and an event on sunday the carpark would be out of use (I did anticipate this). Jon, thanked me for my understanding and was more than happy to provide advice on where was the cheapest and safest location to park.

Doubletree were offering a free warm cookie (Beautiful) on arrival, which were promptly eaten (by my better half) and we head for our room. It wasnt the view I was looking for when I submitted my booking however, beggars cannot be choosers and I was happy just to be close to the action.

I had to make several trips to the car ( with it being a little further away than planned) and each trip the staff at the front desk would offer assistance if they saw me struggle. They formed an instant rapport by also mocking me for having to make multiple trips. A great sign of a quality customer service professional.

The room was great, all ammenities provided including free standard wifi. Very clean and spacious considering the cost of the room I was very impressed. The bed was very comfortable and you could tell that experience had been used in designing the layout for the rooms.

I didnt manage to make it to the restaurant/bar/breakfast although the photos I have seen have lead me to beleive the good clean quality is continued above the 4th floor.

If you are staying in Lincoln.... Doubletree is your Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our first stay in Lincoln, and we are please we found Doubletree. Warmly and efficiently welcomed (plus a warm chocolate cookie). Room decent size and very clean. Hotel quiet but very central. Car park limited, but we managed to get last space. Food excellent. Not cheap but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We would stay there again!! Only one slight problem. We were given a "Disabled Facility" room. Not really a problem except basin was very low down and I had to sit to wash my hair.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not easily found but the hunt is well worth the effort. It has a superb location overlooking the water front and is close to some excellent restraunts.

The staff are attentive, knowledgeable and very professional.
Ì
Whilst choice at breakfast was limited it was more than adequate. Unusually for a hotel outside Scotland they even served porridge. The cooked breakfast was amongst the tastiest I've had in many years.

We booked a deluxe room with balcony and were pleasantly surprised at the space and quality of the furnishings.
The balcony was larger than some rooms I've had in London.

Unfortunately having been allocated a family room we found that it is against the hotels health and safety policy to allow furniture onto the balcony thus rendering it totally useless to an adult couple.

Whilst recommending the hotel I would advise potential guests to ensure their needs are carefully spelt out when booking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Paul N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel and will certainly review our policy on balcony safety for future guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another favorable stay.