“Phew!”
Review of Steep Hill

Steep Hill
Ranked #3 of 79 things to do in Lincoln
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great little shops, cobbled streets, places to eat and drink and plenty of life. Get the bus back up!

1  Thank jenseyHerts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,824)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful street, stunning views and extremely photogenic. great to soak up the atmosphere. It is much more pleasant to walk down, and for those with heart problems, I seriously wouldn't advise walking up, if it can be avoided. Lined with an eclectic mix of small independant shops, cafes, galleries, bars and restaurants. Deservedly winner of the best street in Britain.

2  Thank Pearlyotter
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was born in Lincoln and the Castle and Cathedral were my childhood haunts, good to see the area so very busy, plenty of pubs eating places and shops that cater for many. Good to hear live music being played in the streets good stuff too, well worth a sit in a bar and listen.

1  Thank Adrian I
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were not disappointed with the attractions of Steep Hill, and I am sure if I could walk I would have loved it, however if you use a wheelchair the hill is very steep and has very large cobbles which make the going difficult. If you are going to attempt this precipice I suggest you use either a wheelchair with large front castors or a freewheel attachment and start at the top then get a lift back to if that is where you parked your car. On the subject of parking is you use council car parks blue badge holders pay for one hour and get two etc.

1  Thank FionacShaw
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Visited Lincoln City on our holiday up here on 05/06/14, as we trawled through this very nice historic city (best city I have ever been to) we had to go up the strait up to steep hill. It has a wonderful array of traditional boutiques, antique shops, traditional sweet shops (Goodies is our favourite) & one off shops, no other city I have been to is like this. Truly fab (wished I lived here)!

2  Thank 375Christopher1983