“Great Eating”

The Swan Holme
Ranked #95 of 458 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Swan Holme in Lincoln is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Ate there twice. First evening was a mega fish with chips. Second night was a really good Hunters Chicken. The service was good both nights and there was a very good atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for The Swan Holme

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We have come to the SwanHolme for Christmas and New Year on and off for the last few years.

We came in 2012 and were a bit disappointed. However this year was the best yet. The meal on Christmas Day was divine, well presented and very tasty. But New Year's Eve was one of the best steaks i have had in years. The staff were pleasant and helpful as always.

We will book again after this.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We are not newcomers to the Swanholme but this will be our final visit! We were shown to a table asked for a drinks order before we sat down, then waited 20 mins for the drinks to arrive. We then ordered food, what a disappointment, no steak! We declined the great offer to upgrade our chips. I complained that my burger was warm, waitress apologised and the plate was taken back to the kitchen. It returned quite clearly the burger, bun and salad had been microwaved! Lettuce out of the microwave ...not good! The half lemon chicken appeared as two leg portions, well dry. Overall the food was overpriced but edible. Walking through the smokers at the exit finished my visit well!

1  Thank Kathleen W
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Booked our Christmas meal at the Swan Holme as there was only the three of us so thought it be nice to not have the stress of cooking Christmas dinner. Arrived was wished a Merry Christmas and was told we would not have to lift a finger, our waitress would get all our drinks etc. taken to our table which was a major disappoint... No table cloth or any decorations that you would expect. Just a dingy dirty table with a little blue candle 3 crackers and marked cutlery. We were so let down :0( drinks order taken... Drinks arrived in marked glasses that didn't even look like they had been put through the wash.... Would expect that from a buoys bar or night club... Not here! I can't understand how she could have even served the drinks like that... It couldn't be missed. Starters arrived looking not do appetising... Main arrived the same! My husband said his beef Wellington was ok however the two turkey dinners were below standard of what you would expect. Tasted like processed turkey, I didn't get the same veg as my daughter and she was missing items as well ie pigs in blankets. Our meal was at 12:30 so wouldn't have thought they were running low at that time. More drinks were never offered, south for not lifting a finger and full waiter service. At the time I didn't want to complain, I wanted to make the nest of a bad situation, after all it was Christmas. We did hear the couple at the table next to us complain, they weren't impressed either! I wrote to the Swan Holme expressing how truly disappointed we are to which they didn't reply. I have wrote again in hopes they will get back to me. I think it ridiculous that you spend that kind of money and not get any better service or atmosphere than what you would get at a two for one on any Sunday afternoon of the year!

Sam E, Manager at The Swan Holme, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am extremely disappointed and sorry that you were not happy with your Christmas Day lunch at the Swan Holme.

I have been trying to contact you without success on different occasions on the number recieved regarding your complaint to discuss this matter further.

Please feel free to contact me on 01522 509859

Kind Regards

Sam

Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been here several times to eat now and each time I have, it has been perfect. The people at the bar are reasonably friendly, the food is fairly quick and is always cooked perfectly each time. Me and others have had different items from the menu and it has been great each time. A little more expensive than the other pubs/restaurants in the area but worth the extra.