“Afternoon tea 5 **********”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Farmers

The Farmers
Ranked #104 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$15 - US$56
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the beautiful Lincolnshire Countryside just 7 miles from Lincoln. The Farmer's offer excellent dining in an intimate setting. Selling locally sourced organic Lincolnshire produce, our menu consists mainly of traditional British recipes.
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea 5 **********”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and my friend came here for there special afternoon tea procecco strawberry n cream plenty of sandwhiches and cake in fact had to take some home as there was a lot of cake really worth the money £25 for 2 people this was an offer at the time but really worth it and would go again and not for just afternoon tea food was lovely family run business staff were very polite

• Visited July 2014

“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My friend and I ate here for the first time in several years and were not disappointed. There was an excellent choice of menus: a la carte and lighter lunches/tea room, but we chose from the a la carte. The restaurant is well laid out and provided a most pleasant dining area experience. The food was beautifully presented and both of our different fish choices delicious. In addition there is a great selection of side dishes. Desserts were varied and equally attractive to the eye. We were also impressed with the helpful and courteous waitress. This will not be the last time we will choose The Farmers!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A Dining Experience Not To Be Missed”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a fantastic evening last night at The Farmers, , we enjoyed a very special meal, Chateaubriand, cooked perfectly, there was a variety of fresh vegetables ( picked that morning from the restaurant allotment ) and we finished with a perfect Summer Pudding.
Could not fault any part of our evening,

All the staff were excellent, efficient and friendly, the Chef is passionate about providing top quality food and yet at affordable prices, he is achieving this .
This Pub really is a gem and you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank lola_dorset62
Liverpool
“Mostly very good, will be back”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We dined at The Farmers on Saturday August 9 2014. The restaurant has a good atmosphere and very friendly and efficient staff. The menu has something to please everyone. Between us, we ate home smoked salmon, whitebait, chicken liver pate, rump steaks (rare, perfectly cooked), chicken salad, and venison burger. My only reservation was that I asked for my venison burger medium rare, but the chef apparently had a mental aberration and decided it really ought to be incinerated in a nuclear fusion reactor at a million degrees, consequently it was very dry and tough and dark brown (I ate it with difficulty but next time I will send it back!). Desserts were yummy and beautifully presented.

1 Thank DavidChambers
Charlotte M, Owner at The Farmers, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear David,
I was so sorry to read about the venison burger. I can only apologise to you, as you say I don't know what went on there because we do ordinarily send them pink in the middle - either our chef misread the ticket or it was written incorrectly or perhaps yours was mixed up with another well-done one? I honestly don't know! In any event you absolutely should have sent it back if it wasn't how you wanted it, I would always encourage you to tell us if something isn't right - largely because we want you to have a nice meal and of course because we want you to come back! Thank you for overlooking this and giving us an otherwise great review we do sincerely appreciate it. I'm glad other than the burger that everything else was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes, Charlotte.
“Top Notch Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A superb evening with first rate food, service and atmosphere. We just keep going back. The food is exceptionally good and so are the prices. The hosts and staff are so helpful and welcoming.

1 Thank Michael R