“Amazing, home-made hash-browns for breakfast!”
Review of The Old Bakery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Old Bakery
Ranked #14 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Well, what can I say? No parking at the Old Bakery, and my 'Catch of the Day' fish choice in the restaurant had flown half-way across the world (instead of being caught off Grimsby as I'd hoped), but never mind. There are snug little bedrooms, and wonderful breakfasts! Make sure you ask for the home-made hash-browns, Alan will serve them with a smile, and believe me, they are almost as good as the ones available at the Ffive star Pan Pacific hotel in Singapore!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I love the food - interesting and well put together flavour combinations and beautifully presented. I don't see the problem with portion size (see previous reviews) - this is about good tasty food and you can indulge in 3 courses without feeling overfaced. I also think it's great value. Service, apart from the time of booking, was excellent.

It was just a bit of a shame that I rang to make sure there was a bottle of champagne and glasses on the table ready on arrival as it was a special occasion. The response was we always have champagne chilled and sorry but we are really busy as it's lunchtime service, however it was there as requested when we arrived.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveLuxury2
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Having just read the review for this restaurant in the Sunday Telegraph, I felt I had to write about our experience, starter good, main course very poor, cod over cooked, pushed it to one side, we did point this out.....waitress said she would speak to the chef, heard no more about it. Service poor and arrogant......all in all a bad experience. I would not recommend The Old Bakery.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank elizabeth a
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We decided to pop in here for lunch today after reading the menu that was outside. It read very well, and we thought that a two course lunch for £12.50 was reasonable. We were shown to the conservatory at the back of the restaurant by a lovely waitress, and it was full with other diners chatting away. There was a really smashing atmosphere, and we were made very welcome by the owner of the business. The food was incredibly well presented, and was a real feast for the eyes! We will most definitely be eating here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We attended here for a Xmas function. Delicious food but 1 mushroom for a starter (2inches across), blade of beef was small portion with one small scoop of potatoe, 3 sliced carrots!!!
Cost £28. Appalling!!

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Donnaa5dcp
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We have been to the old bakery several times a year for the last six years or so. We would always recommend, and thoroughly enjoyed a very varied menu. We are nor sure what has happened, we ate there yesterday with some of our family expecting the usual good service and menu. It was a very pretentious menu, not much choice, not great quality, very underwhelming, very over priced. we would not recommend again, indeed on last nights meal we have cancelled out New years eve booking. The wine list has changed a lot and drinks were very expensive. Service was very slow. This is truly a great shame. What has happened. Is there a new chef? Has the owner given up?

Room Tip: Didn't stay so can't recommend
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank dawnsmith106
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We have been for Sunday lunch twice in the last 2 months and both times i have found my dining eperience enjoyable.

The atmosphere has been relaxed and the restaurant appeared to have stagged bookings well so that there was not big delays, but rather appropriate pauses between courses.

The menu is set with around 5 dishes to choose from for each course. The food tasted fresh and well made, particularly the fish i had for my main course on my first visit. I would say that when i had the roast lamb on my second visit, it was beautifully cooked but i found the gravy to be a little salty for my taste.

The desserts are beautiful if you can manage one particularly the pannacotta. They also have a little deli so that food can be bought to take home.

My only 2 gripes are that drinks are quite expensive against the price of the food and also i disliked my yorkshire pudding. I have yet to find a restaurant that can make decent yorkshires when serving mass numbers, but none will ever taste as good as my dads!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family