“Afternoon Tea Excellent”

Ranked #10 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Lincoln
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional English tea shop, located just five minutes from both Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Cathedral at the top of Steep Hill. Wherever possible we use local produce and ingredients and all food is prepared to order. We have a great selection of loose leaf teas and coffee and delicious homemade cakes and scones. We serve a delicious full English breakfast all day and tasty sandwiches, paninis and jacket potatoes.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea Excellent”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We recently had afternoon tea and felt we had to let people know how delicious it was. It is recommended to book in advance in order that the tea room can provide a good selection of delicious cakes and pastries. The sandwiches are also excellent. There was 5 of us and we booked afternoon tea for 4, and the food was plentiful and enough for all of us. Highly recommended and would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jonathanandlorraine

London, United Kingdom
“Superb afternoon tea at a great price!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

as a family we love afternoon teas (proper afternoon teas, finger sandwiches, petit fours etc) and they are always our first choice when on a day out. Our previous 'Top afternoon tea' was at Alnwick Castle but we have a new winner, Bells Tea & Coffee house, Lincoln.
It was an inauspicious start, when we arrived the place was nearly empty, being after lunchtime and out-of-season. But we got a generous welcome from the staff and sat in a window table to watch the world go by whilst we waited for our order.
it took a little while but we were regularly updated. When it arrived it was well worth the wait, freshly made sandwiches, beautiful little cakes and macaroons, lemon pot, fresh baked scones with a generous amount of local jam and clotted cream.
We started to tuck in and with 10 mins the place filled up as passers by peered in, saw our spread and dove in.
We had the tea for 3 and ordered an extra round of prawn sandwiches (we couldn't decide which flavours we wanted, but there was more than enough without the extra) and got change from £40 which for the amount, quality and quantity was great value for money.
We heartily recommend a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fab Tea Room”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After visiting with my parents last year for a cup tea i knew i had to return just from the service & the look of the delicious homemade cakes !!

I visited with my partner last month for lunch during our visit to Lincoln ! We wanted the afternoon tea for two but unfortunately it has to be pre booked ! But after an excellent explanation by the proprietor we understood that everything is made freshly with much attention to the products on the tea stand !

We decided to have the scrambled eggs on toast mine with bacon my partners with smoked salmon !! Wow !! Delicious, good quality products & great service by friendly young staff !!

We will most definitely be returning for a pre booked afternoon tea !! Cant wait !!

• Visited March 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Perfect Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

After visiting Bells with a friend a few months ago I felt I just had to take my mum for a girly afternoon tea. It was even better than I remembered! I had made a reservation and the staff were expecting us and had a pot of tea reading for when we arrived. We had a lovely window seat which looked out on to Steep Hill which was great!

The afternoon tea for two was absolutely outstanding again. The little selection of cakes on the top tier of the stand were exceptional - I think we probably had 6 or 7 mini cakes each, including a gorgeous melt-in-the-mouth custard tart, chocolate brownie and lemon posset to name a few. The sandwiches were scrummy - we had smoked salmon and cream cheese, Egg mayo and brie and cranberry. We then had a banana and chocolate loaf cake and an almondy victoria sponge - amazing again!! We finished with giant scones with clotted cream and jam. I can't believe we ate everything! It was so delicious we just couldn't stop!

I would certainly recommend Bells to anyone living in Lincoln, or visiting. The afternoon tea had a different selection of cakes to the last time I visited which was a nice surprise, and all the food was fresh and tasty.

• Visited April 2014
Malta
“Cute and good food”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The place is tiny but extremely cute and the food was great. The lincolnshire bread with cheese was good. The scones were great and the in house loose leaf tea was excellent! I recommend all the stuff that I had. The decor is very cute.

Visited March 2014