“fair but not excellent” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Laughing Buddha - CLOSED

The Laughing Buddha
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
uk
“fair but not excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

For the price, it was a reasonable meal. We went for my grandaughters 18th birthday. Staff were very helpful and quick to attend us. The selection of food was good and was being refreshed constantly. The only problem that I had, was the very high levels of MSG in some of the dishes.
Beer prices were reasonable...£3.40 for a pint...not bad for a restaurant in the centre of Lincoln.
The toilets were spotless, as was the rest of the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014

Whittlesey, United Kingdom
“Judge for yourself, I think some biased reviews are on here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I always hope that other reviewers are being honest when they give reviews and I was a bit put off by some of the comments I had seen, so it was with some concerns that we went.
However, we were pleasantly surprised, comments about the entrance - we didn't stop long enough to form an opinion. Surly staff, it must have been a communal night off as all the staff were chatty and smiley.
The food was good, hot, filled up often, our only comment is that there were no ribs - one of our favourites, but otherwise it was what you would expect with a buffet.
Wine was a bit pricey, but he ho, that is also what you expect.
All in all, it's one to keep on our list for our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
Boston - The real one
“Good food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Buffet style meal of Chinese, Malaysian and Thai food. All freshly cooked and very tasty.

Must agree that the entrance is not the best but I wasn't eating that.

Staff were very polite and friendly. Not sure about service problems that another reviewer had as it is a buffet, errr serve yourself, but I did order a drink and that was served to my table with a smile.

Tables were cleared of dishes as they were used and plenty of fresh, clean, warm ones were available.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Docrepit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not the first time I have been to the Laughing Buddha but it may be my last. A well located and central restaurant base in the centre of Lincoln, some would say "Prime Location".The entrance is daunting, dismissal and dark, though away from the entrance the tables are well laid out with plenty of room. The starters were normal with many choices, however the quality of food diminished. We had a five year old child with us who got onion rings, which were dry and tasteless, prawn crackers-normally then he choose Sausage and chips no surprise there but there was sausages must have been on the hot plate since 12:00 and the chips should have been thrown away yesterday. For our main a vast choice of Malaysian, Chinese, Japanese,Thai. The main courses were in plenty of supply, noodles of a reasonable quality but the rice was worse than the chips dry and crunchy. Don't know about you but when I go into a Chinese restaurant I like to eat the Chinese Way and that is using chop sticks, chops sticks no bigger than match sticks, clean but nothing more, to my annoyance the Chinese people were using proper chop stick and had a traditional stove on there table to cook food from the fish bar but never was I offered proper chop sticks, double standards to say the least. Desert apart from Ice cream lacked any creditability, though there was fresh fruit in the starter fridge, yet again dry. Why do eat as much as you can not regulate there buffet to ensure the food is kept to its best, no need to overload each container but keep changing and checking, presentation is the utmost credential for any food serving establishment.
We called in on Thursday around 17:30, the pleasant waitress showed us to the table and said since you arrive now I will give you an extra fifteen minutes and still pay lunch time menu now I know why she said this, since most of the food was left over from lunch

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Retford, United Kingdom
“Will not be going again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Cheap lemonade, sticky horrid floor (nearly lost my shoes to it) plates/bowls dirty and still had food on them. Table was sticky also. Food wasn't nice at all and the puddings were vile. Only thing that made it bearable was being with good friends. How I didn't get the trots I'll never know.

2 Thank justgo