“Light Refreshment”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Light Refreshment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited Lincoln on a weekend away visiting friends. I was born and reared in Lincolnshire so it was good to go back to visit old haunts. I place I had not visited previously was the Strugglers Inn. I went in with an old friend for a few pints on a Saturday afternoon. The bar has a great selection of real ales that are regularly changed and we settled down to run through a few of them.
We discussed the solutions to most of the worlds problems whilst downing our drinks and then opened up the conversation to included the couples who were sitting close by. Both couples were very friendly and amusing and it made the occasion even more pleasant.
I also overheard one of the regulars ( who had clearly invested heavily in the refreshments) say that he visited the gym regularly - the period of regularity was not defined!
Eventually our better halves came to join us having shopped and dropped - as usual it was my round when they came in. I was most surprised to receive an additional £5 bonus in my change - a very rare occurrence in my experience. I of course returned the £5 to the bar person and was a bit shocked to be told 'foray if you don't want it as the £5 was returned to the till.
Apart from this it was a wonderful afternoon.

Visited March 2014

North West England, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best pub in Lincoln”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent atmosphere, the people are friendly and the beer is top class. if you are a fan of stout/porter you won't get nicer in Lincoln that the Struggs. Landlady Anna is refreshingly no nonsense and the staff are very pleasant. Brill!!!

Visited February 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Proper friendly old style pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Visited early Friday evening and was packed but in a good way. Managed to find a small table and had a pint of Timothy Taylor - smashing pint. Also wusses had glass of Pino and ginger ale - both good. Bar staff very helpful. Locals incredibly friendly - met a lovely chocolate lab called Dexter and his owner. We were made to feel very welcome even though we nicked one of the few tables. Great selection of beers. Believe there's a garden - we didn't try as was bitterly cold outside. Will definitely go back. Great proper pub atmosphere - magic. Close to castle and Cathedral if you are up for a bit of sightseeing.

London
“Best pub in Lincoln”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

If you like real ale and open fires. Or if you like an old fashioned honest pub, but don't like kids running around, fruit machines, piped music or TV, then this your pub.

It also has an excellent family garden for summer.

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A PROPER PUB...STRUGGLED TO LEAVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great pub.....spent an evening here whilst in Lincoln for the weekend....slightly uninviting from the outside, the inside more than made up for things. Busy pub with minimal space, the locals were very friendly and the pub had a great selection of real ales....even though we were 'outsiders' we were made welcome by all and had a great evening in the Snug. Great little pub.