“AWFUL!!”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWFUL!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I used the Turks Head for the venue following my daughters baptism on my father in laws recommendation, BIG MISTAKE! We had 24 adults and 15 children so we decided to cater for 25 ppl at £5 a head.... having been reassured by many people this would be ample. The (small round) table was uncovered and there was a few sandwiches, all bog standard apart from the ham, there was some half veg spring rolls and some tiny samosas, some crisps and that was it, my dad (who was paying for the "buffet" asked if that was it, I reassured him that there would be more once that had been eaten, it was all eaten in around 10 minutes so I asked the landlord when the rest would be brought out, to be told that was it!! £125 for a few measly sandwiches?? It was enough to feed 10 ppl MAX! The landlord made no attempt to explain or make the situation better, he just said there was loads and walked off.

NEVER AGAIN

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kellee7682

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“my new favourite boozer ”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

delicious Sunday lunch, followed by the nicest pudding I've ever had in my life apart from my schools pink pudding, obviously, which was very nice indeed! the staff were brilliant as well, and the prices were extremely reasonable, can't find owt to complain about actually, which is annoying!

“Brilliant”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Brilliant local pub. Fantastic food and friendly staff, cannot comment on the bar area as we did not use it but the restaurant is 5*. We will definitely be going regularly.

“Lovely.”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I went to the Turks Head today for lunch with my husband, I ordered the Ham ploughman salad, my husband the Gammon with egg. Everything made fresh, chips fresh not frozen, lovely, the salad had 3 types of cheese, and a warm bagett and 3 slices of ham, plus salad. The customers that had already eaten were more than pleased. We will be back again, maybe make it a regular event!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank irenewalker
Manchester, United Kingdom
“NO”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

It's not your own youth club LANDLORD.
Sorry but how rude to not even acknowledge a customer waiting while your CREW hog the bar. Been there right?
When the pub trade is suffering why support a place like this. Bye.

• Visited April 2013