“Wonderful!”

Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: British, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small coffee bar/trattoria, specialising in fresh home cooked food - from breakfasts to lunches and afternoon tea. Eat in or takeaway, seating for 12. The best Lavazza coffee, hot chocolate and tea or herbal teas. Now open Friday evening for Pizza and Tiramisu all made fresh by Elena. Eat in or takeaway. Please book in advance if possible to reserve your table as space is limited. BYO Parties catered for, freshly prepared buffets - can deliver, made to your requirements. Parties also maximum seating 12. Please telephone or pop in and see Elena.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I first visited Elena's when my son began attending University in Lincoln over 3 years ago. I have never had such a warm, friendly welcome in any other restaurant. Elena and Franco are super hosts, nothing is too much trouble. Their food is gorgeous, of high quality and prices are low. Whenever I visit Lincoln my first stop is this lovely little eatery.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Elena's Kitchen is Simply the Best! Lincoln's friendliest, cosiest restaurant. We live close by and visit daily whenever possible. Elena and Franc are the King and Queen of Coffee. Most days we have a takeaway homemade hearty vegetable soup for lunch and it doesn't get any better. Decided to eat in (which we do on occasion) had a different soup fresh off the stove - I had Lentil Stew and my Husband had Chicken Broth with ravioli. they were to die for. they were hearty, wholesome full of fresh flavours and goodness. Best ever. Atmosphere was Electric. so friendly, inviting and warm are Elena and Franc feels like home from home. Cannot be beaten on price too for quality and value. for my Dinner Parties Elena makes the most delicious lasagne just like Mama used to Make!! what are you waiting for?...........................

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This is a local little cafe, it's fine. It obviously has it's regulars and 'friends'.
We visited for a take away breakfast over the weekend. Met by friendly staff. The food is ok/poor. sausages are average/poor quality served in quite cheap white bread. The sausages are undercooked but that could be personal preference!
It's an ok place, not quite sure how it's got #1, it's very small so seating is limited and I did feel in the way while I waited. I would rate it the lower end of average, not the best but people obviously have seen something I haven't!

6  Thank Jo_lincoln
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The best authentic Italian food! Elena,Franco + team are great hosts and so welcoming, a fantastic, personal touch experience.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Excellent homemade food and fresh coffee at very reasonable prices. Friendly people.
I ordered bolognese- it came with salad, olives and bread- very good.
I've lived in Lincoln over 40 years and am very pleased I have found this little restaurant - would recommend it to all.

1  Thank jane l