Premier Inn Lincoln City Centre Hotel
PremierInn.com
US$94
Travelodge
1,658 results
All reviewsthyme restaurantcar parkmulti storey next doormeal deallincoln city centrebusy roadpay and displayair consteep hillmain roadexcellent locationfamily roomgood nights sleepexcellent stayshort walkself serviceper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location and great for our family. Very clean and well positioned.have stayed here 2 yrs running, staff couldn't do More for you. You could pay double the price for a hotel on the Brayford but it's really not worth it if your staying with children. The hotel is halfway up the city's Main Street making t ideally located. Breakfast was really fresh and topped up or replaced regularly. Staff went the extra mile to make our chidren feel welcome. Really really lovely .

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent choice for a city centre hotel. Staff very good particularly Mark in the the breakfast service - exemplary customer service. Thank you Mark. Clean hotel, superb beds and a good nights sleep. Just what we had hoped for. Will return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was under the impression that Premier Inn was a step up from other budget brands, but this one proved me wrong. It was certainly no frills with some annoying features! And certainly over-priced for what it is. We booked this at the last minute; it was the only place with availability in central Lincoln. I thought it would be okay as you know what you are getting with a Premier Inn. It was okay, but more like a Travelodge but without the cheaper price.

Check-in was a horrible experience. They have adopted self-check-in computers which certainly make things slow when more than one person is ahead of you in the queue. The staff member on hand was pleasant enough, but the whole process is most unsatisfactory. Bring your reading glasses - even if you don't usually need them! God help anyone with a visual impairment - the paperwork that's printed has such small type that it's a miracle anyone has any idea what they are looking at. And it's a very unfriendly start to the stay.

The room was basic but clean. We had booked a twin, which was a double with a fold up bed stuffed against the window. Fine, but really basic. There was no soap in the bathroom despite there being dispensers. They were empty.Towels were stored outside the bathroom which we realised prior to it becoming an issue! The bathroom was a good size.

We didn't bother ordering any food as looking at the menu it seemed very overpriced. There are plenty of far better (and cheaper) options nearby.

Having said this, the location is great for discovering the city, and a short walk from the railway station. It was quiet and felt safe. We were there for just one night, so it wasn't the end of the world. But Premier Inn has gone down in my estimation after this experience. It was never top of my wish list, but it's at the bottom now!

1  Thank ME13
Reviewed 18 July 2014

You know what you are getting with Premier Inn.
They provide a simple service that should not go wrong.
So the room was ok and everything was clean.
They give you 30mins wifi free- this would be great, but you can't get on it.
This would not encourage anyone to actually pay for more time.
I did eventually get on it- after numerous attempts, but then it was so slow- it was not worth using.
I pre-paid breakfast, paid for the max, good value at £8-75, or so I thought.
Goes for breakfast at 7am only to be told the hot stuff was not on because "they were not busy enough"- and this is my fault?
If i pay for a full breakfast, with bacon, sausage, egg etc etc I do not expect to just be offered cornflakes, fruit and bread. Anyway it came on shortly after- just as well I wasn't in a hurry.
At the said breakfast- I left my table to get some jam, and found it totally cleared on my return!
A little too efficient for my liking.
You have to worry when a historic city such as Lincoln cannot do better for hotels than this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for a single night and the whole experience really impressed us. The location is excellent close to the waterfront and city centre. The busy road ( Broadgate ) was surprisingly unobtrusive even though our room was overlooking it and it was easy to cross. Cart parking was adjacent in a multi-storey at a reasonable over night rate.(even cheaper on Saturdays).
The staff were all very friendly and welcoming & reception was spacious & spotless.
The room was great - unfussy and once again, spotless. Air-conditioning was very welcome on a hot day.
I would definitely recommend this to any one staying in Lincoln, which is a lovely city.

Room Tip: Even on the rooms overlooking Broadgate, traffic noise was minimal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends