“My must visit place in Lincoln”
Review of Coffee Aroma

Coffee Aroma
Ranked #5 of 30 Coffee & Tea in Lincoln
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Description: Aroma offers barista-championship standard coffee in Lincoln. Hosting the widest selection of single origin coffee, we offer only the highest quality products and our award-winning experience is demonstrated through the staff that we train. Contributing as a valued member of the world coffee community, we are proud to have worked with some of the most knowledgable people in the industry. We hope you can see and taste the reason why we have been voted one of the top 10 coffee shops in the UK, by The Guardian newspaper. Come and visit us to find a coffee that best suits you, we love to share good coffee.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Been here a few times and the coffee is great. What was different this time is that they presented my with my latte and glass of water, plus an extra espresso shot in a separate cup. When I queried this, the lady explained that I could add it to the drink if I wanted it stronger. It felt like a free extra drink, nice touch!

The place was really busy and there was only one member of staff there but she remained polite and efficient. Coffee is slightly more expensive than other places and there is limited seating, but the seating outside is great for people watching!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

As I have a never ending debate will my (18 year old son) of independent coffee shops over his preferred chain coffee shops, I popped into this one on a wet Thursday morning, there were only a couple of other customers in but plenty of take out trade. I ordered my coffee which was handed over on a wooden tray with water and espresso shot on the side which I thought to be a nice touch (take that costa)! I will try dragging my son here as part of his conversion into sensibility!!!!! I can recommend this place and will return!

1  Thank stuartnnikki
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Yes I admit that we are rather fanatical about our (flat white) coffee as is obvious from my earlier reviews, so we were very pleased to return here for our second visit today.
The coffee is just amazing and ranks up there with the very best we have tried in London, Chicago and elsewhere abroad. Who cares about any perceived 'attitude' - it does not reduce the quality of the product.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Hmmm ........ I really wanted to like Aroma - the local independent coffee shop is difficult to find with all the coffee chains around, and the venue does look quite interesting and quirky. The theatre around how the coffee is presented along with water an extra shot and a special board are all fine - but you are made to feel a little inadequate by the staff. They seem to revel in being slightly superior in their knowledge of their coffee. At the end if the day the customer is always right!
Disappointing that no decaf was available.

Having said all of the the environment is good, a bit of a different individual experience. Free wifi is available.
Coffee is quite expensive but would be ok if the overall experience matched up.

1  Thank welton
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I didn't know this place was there ..... Until accidentally coming across a review online. My cappuccino was absolutely marvellous and served with a glass of water and an extra espresso shot to taste.

Unusual layout inside.... It's all about the coffee...

Superb