“Excellant place to stay in Lincoln”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Allotment House
Ranked #18 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellant place to stay in Lincoln”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We had a lovely one night stay at The Allotment House over the early May bank holiday. What a lovely place. The owner very kindly offered to pick us up from the train station which was most appreciated as we don't drive. She was very welcoming. She showed us to our room and I was blown away straight away by the view of the cathedral from our window. The room was bright and very clean and modern - you can tell a lot of effort into this. She even provided a small fridge just outside the room with some bottled water and fresh milk which was a great touch. The bed was very comfortable and the ensuite bathroom lovely. There is a lounge for visitors use. The breakfast was a choice of full cooked or full cooked vege or scrambled eggs and salmon. We opted for scrambled eggs and salmon which was a lovely treat. She also had out some tasty fresh fruit, a choice of cereals, preserves, juice and she brought us a huge pot of tea which was lovely. Overall a great stay - shame it was only a short stay but I will certainly return there when next in Lincoln. The b&b is walking distance to most things that we needed. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Barbara A, Owner at The Allotment House, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments which are much appreciated. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 and was absolutely blown away by my hostess who was kind and accommodating and by the high standard of accomodation.

I booked an en suite double bedroom and found my room beautifully appointed with a neutral relaxing decor. The en suite shower room was very clean and even the toiletries were a little treat, hand made orange hand soap! There was even a shower cap which in my experience many B&B owners aren't considerate enough to provide.

The bed was very comfortable and there was ample room to store/spread/strew my things as needed. The view of Lincoln Cathedral is gorgeous at night and I think there were two or three rooms that face that direction.

There was a small refrigerator on the landing outside my room where my excellent hostess left a jug of fresh milk and bottled water for me to help myself, she even made sure there was cake for me in my room when I got there.

I walked a short distance to Burton Road to get a takeaway one night and on my return found that the table in the dining room had been set for me to sit and have my meal like a civilised young woman instead of pigging out in my room which was MUCH appreciated!

Other than the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs I had requested the night before, there was a breakfast spread of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and juices.

I cannot fault this B&B on any account and the price was on par with what you would expect to pay for a quality B&B in uphill Lincoln. I was very pleased, will definitely return and can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone visiting Lincoln.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the double en suite room, sunny and spacious, very quiet as it overlooks a large al...