“Deep fried bacon anyone ?”
Review of Churchills

Churchills
Ranked #89 of 518 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Churchill's is a well established restaurant and brasserie in Lincoln, serving all your favourite traditional luncheons and meals. Churchill's Lincoln opened in April 2013 following on from the successful sister restaurant in Boston. Churchill's prides itself in providing good quality locally sourced cuisine at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

After seeing the glowing report in the Lincolnshire echo we decided the best way to start our Sunday would be a trip to churchills for one of the 'best and most reasonable breakfasts' in Lincoln.
Maybe we chose the wrong day or maybe the chef was suffering from a severe hangover as the service and food were both shocking.
Firstly I expected the place to be pretty busy but there was only a few other people in there. There were 5 of us altogether in our party.
I ordered the lumberjack slam which was the biggest of the lot. Looking at pictures i'd seen I had great expectations. These were soon shattered as I had a plate full of deep fried bacon and sausages placed in front of me sitting nicely alongside a sea of fridge temperature beans.
To be fair it didn't taste too bad but as far as presentation went it looked awful. Sausages were black and the bacon was tough as old boots as it had been cooked in a deep fat fryer which is just lazy.
The scrambled eggs the other guys had were fried and resembled a messed up omelette.
At least we now know where the best place to get our eyebrows waxed is, thanks to the conversation the staff and "so called manager" were having while huddled around the counter.

I could go on but I think you get the Gist of my feelings for the place. Bad food, bad standards and bad staff.
Sort it out sharp guys as there is too much competition in Lincoln. Have put a picture up of my breakfast so you can see how bad it was !
Having worked in the hospitality trade for a number of years this is speaking from experience.

1  Thank Eelybob

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Had a panini, although they made one for us that was not on the menu, it had very little filling in it. If you have issues with making things not on the menu, you could have just said no.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I thought I'd give this place a try for breakfast after hearing it served traditional English meals

The staff were very welcoming and the quality of meal was more than acceptable.

I will certainly visit again, it was a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by. Good value for money, clean and friendly staff

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This new restaurant is very busy and we had to wait 10 mins for a table. The order was taken promptly and the food arrived in less than 15 minutes. The quality of the food was excellent, the staff were polite and the manager was attentive. The whole experience, the value and the quality was worth going back for.

1  Thank andrew w
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I thought I would check this place out after seeing mostly good reviews on here. I have to say I was quite disappointed with the quality of both my coffee and food. I am always a little dubious of going to cheap and cheerful places, the service was good enough with the decor and environment pleasant. However, I like coffee and my cappuccino was one of the worst I have had in a while. Then I have an issue with the food... what I ate was ok but I am not sure how my main meal was ready in a matter of minutes, the same time it took for my friends panini to be ready. I guess you get what you pay for.