“Best customer service experience in a long time”
Review of Churchills

Churchills
Ranked #65 of 454 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Churchill's is a well established restaurant and brasserie in Lincoln, serving all your favourite traditional luncheons and meals. Churchill's Lincoln opened in April 2013 following on from the successful sister restaurant in Boston. Churchill's prides itself in providing good quality locally sourced cuisine at reasonable prices.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best customer service experience in a long time”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My partner and i visited Churchill's yesterday 24/09/13 and the service was exemplary. Before we had sat down outside we had been asked if we wanted a dog bowl for our labrador and they all made a fuss over him while we were eating.

while we were deciding what to eat my 6 month old son also decided he was hungry so i was feeding him when it came time to order so i hadn't had a chance to look and the waitress staff were very friendly and understanding and took the order a short while later.

One of our party had an accident where a whole plate and pannini landed on the floor and without question it was cleaned up and a fresh one brought out as soon as it was possible. We were even moved to another table so they could clean the bits of broken plate on the floor.

All in all the service we recieved made the whole experience one of the most pleasureable short stops for a bite to eat that I have had.

“Wonderful friendly staff.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We visited Churchill's expecting that we would have to pop in to order and ask for a bowl of water for our dog. This was not the case. Within 5 minutes of being seated we had a very polite member of staff come out and welcome us and asked if our dog would like some water. She then returned with the water and took our orders. Our food and drinks arrived promptly and were all enjoyable. We even had the misfortune of knocking a plate of food on the floor which they speedily cleared and replaced free of charge to us. Can not recommend this place highly enough.

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Breakfast cold”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Went today with two of my friends we ordered full English Breakfast asked for the mushrooms to be omitted and extra tomatoes to be added also scrambled egg instead of fried this seems to be a problem with the waitress but agreed in the end.We asked for the drinks to be served with the meal good job really because although the shop was not that busy we had to wait quite a while.When the meals arrived mine had mushrooms on so had to go back clearly the waitress not taken order correctly.We were very disappointed that the food was not very hot but then the plate it was served on was also cold.When I had looked on the internet before I went the menu had said two eggs or scrambled and you could have small or large coffee but the menu on the table said one egg and you could only .I was told there was no menu on the internet well I may be 65 but am not going senile yet and know what I read and it seemed funny that the young man behind the till immediately went on his computer and that when I left the cafe and went onto the Internet surprise surprise no menu what a coincidence would definitely not be going back.

beaker666
“stone cold breakfast & rubbish service”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

SUNDAY 08/09/2013

Visited Churchills today for a breakfast

Breakfast stone cold x 2
Had to ask for Hash Browns that meant come with breakfast
portion size poor
Had to wait for cutlery after breakfast put on table
No butter for toast again had to ask...then came frozen

whole experience was a joke!!

We walked out after complaining to manager, His response was " Well no other breakfast were cold today" Well both mine and my partners was!! felt his response was poor

We walked out churchills and walked to bottom of steephill to café called " Modern Classics" café...amazing see review

1 Thank beaker666
Matthew W, Owner at Churchills, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We apologise sincerely for the level of service adhered to at the time of your visit. This is not the norm, and a combination of factors contributed to your dissatisfaction including our normal chef not being present on this day. I can assure you that had you allowed me to rectify the issue, I would have done so immediately. Unfortunately as you walked out immediately without paying you gave me little time to fix it!
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Meet up with friends at my choice of venue”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I arrived early. No problem as I ordered a coffee whilst waiting friends arrival. This enabled me to people and staff watch whilst friends arrived.
Later order taken. All ok except for mine which for some reason was mistaken for another very similar order on the menu. This was sorted out as soon as it arrived.
I will go again and try it out at a different time of day to get another opinion.

• Visited August 2013