“Real Treat”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having returned to Lincoln having moved away we found this new Restaurant. It had the identical Menu to what had been my favorite Restaurant which had closed down. The food was just as good as the one GINO had previously closed down in Lincoln City Center.

The food is first class, the rib starter is to die for, Service first class.

1  Thank 963PaulT

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After reading other reviews I was a little concerned about eating here, but as everywhere else was full we decided to give it a go. My 11 year old daughter and 20 year old son dined with me, and we all enjoyed the food which was hot, plentiful, tasty and served promptly. The waiters frequently checked if we needed anything and if we were happy with our food. The only reason I didn't give it 5 was because there was no children's menu or offer of half portions. I find this unusual for an Italian restaurant, and a shame as my daughter couldn't manage the 12 inch pizza alone. We were offered the option of taking the remainder home, but we were all so full none of us could have managed it. It would be lovely if they could offer smaller portions of the delicious food to cater for smaller appetites. It wouldn't be difficult, but I have found this lack of catering for children seems to be quite the norm in Lincoln. It's a shame to waste good food.

1  Thank JackieJ19
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Looks inviting, but the fact that it was empty before we arrived for lunch perhaps speaks for itself. I don't really understand the "express" bit as it doesn't seem geared up for quick meals and those at anther table asked if they could order. Some of the food was tasty, although my vegetable pasta was bland. Also, a cardinal sin in my book, the bowl was not warmed, so the meal went cold very quickly. Overall, steeply priced for a straightforward "express" Italian.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Whilst staying in Lincoln visited this lovely Italian decor coffee shop. Decked out very modern furniture, colours of Italian flag, red, white and green. Pictures of famous (though I could not make all of them out) film stars on the wall and the front of an Italian racing car. The coffee was very good. It was a little late in the afternoon so cakes were rather lacking, just one piece of carrot cake and a cream muffin, but it was late on in the day. The waiter was very pleasant, efficient and welcoming. It was late on, so we were the only customers in, this seemed to make the place lack an atmosphere, very quite, but I bet at busy times it is a lively place to go and have a coffe, great fun.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went for my birthday, all other restaurants were full, so as we hadn't booked, we went here even though we had sworn never again. The menu has changed nothing except the prices in the last 10 years, which now have reached up to £30 for fillet steak, just under £30 for stroganoff. I ordered their speciality pizza at £13 thinking that it must have a lot of topping, my husband has seafood tagliatelle. The topping was stingey - seriously who cuts an olive into 5? The base was raw dough - disgusting, and I sent it back, my husband had finished his meal by the time my very burnt offering was returned (over 15 minutes) any decent restaurant would not expect a customer to eat something black, and would have replaced at no charge, instead of bringing it to the table. My husband's food had no flavour, and had not been seasoned. We asked for the dessert menu nearly all items were based on ice cream, and not worth the price. They didn't charge for my meal, but you don't get your birthday for another year. Over priced, rubbish. If you want a pizza go to any chain or high street take away, this is not special. Our table was in the cellar, so close to the bottom of the steps that I couldn't move my chair out, and cold. Don't go here, there are plenty of others to choose from, if they are all full, go to Tescos and buy a sandwich and a packet of crisps for a more pleasant dining experience in the car.

3  Thank Lincs-Lady1