“Good value and tasty meal and ale”
Review of Ritz

Ritz
Ranked #156 of 456 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Ritz opened in May 1998, restored from the former Ritz Cinema, it still retains alot of it's original features and charm. A family freindly establishment, offering food from 8am-11pm daily, with a wide range of offers and meal choices. Low prices & a great product range, including Cask Ales from local breweries.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stopped here for our evening meal on Sunday. I tried the Bacon Carbonara, which I have not had before, and it was really nice. My wife chose an ale, which was also excellent. Prompt efficient service too.

Sarah D, Manager at Ritz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Thank you for the great feedback, we're pleased you enjoyed your and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you enjoyed the carbonara, you will love our new pasta alfredo

There are newer reviews for Ritz

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I came to the Ritz on Tuesday 8 p.m. Tuesday for anyone that wasn't aware is supposed to be 'steak club night'. A special menu devoted not surprisingly to all varieties of steaks and barbecue style food. I'd travelled here about 5 miles just for that purpose. Except when I tried to order a rump steak I was told there none. Not only was there no rump steak, there was in fact not a single steak of any variety left in the establishment. The Ritz menu say's that food is available till 11 p.m. The staff seemed bemused by my reaction to being informed this news, which was a mixture of bewilderment and disbelief. 'But it's steak night, and you have no steaks?' I said. I don't consider 8 p.m. Particularly late and so I can only assume that this was either poor management or some culinary disaster took place where the kitchen blew up or had been condemned by food health. Unfortunately, I have to believe it was the former. 1/10 for effort on Weatherspoons part whose staff appeared to be more content with seeing people's reaction to their own failings rather than telling me what alternatives were available.

1  Thank wolfsz99
Sarah D, Manager at Ritz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

We're sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed. Thank you for the feedback, and giving us a chance to improve. The Ritz is now under new Management, so we welcome any feedback that can improve your experience in the future

Reviewed 31 December 2013

One of the better weather spoons I've been to its clean and quick service and also caters for disabled customers unlike others as they have a small lift to get up the stairs as there isn't a lot of seating downstairs. Only complaint is they seem to run out of drinks quick and don't bother topping them up quick otherwise can't fault it.

Sarah D, Manager at Ritz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Thank you for the review you left after your visit last year, we're really pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope you are still enjoying our Pub. The Ritz is now under new Management so you have any additional feedback, we always like having the opportunity to improve

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Weatherspoons is just that, good value pub grub, and yes it was. But the Ritz in Lincoln is something else. For someone like me who grew up some time ago, the decor of the Ritz is just fantastic, I couldn't stop admiring the art deco. I loved it.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Called into the Ritz for a quick meal and as usual got what we paid for.
The staff on this occasion were better than the usual Weatherspoon staff,from ordering the meals to the service we received from a young chap who was serving the tables was 1st class and he should be thanked for his attitude to the public,nothing was a problem for him.
My only complaint was that the chips we received with our meal had been left out after cooking and used as and when ordered,again the young man who was attending the tables offered to get us fresh ones but by this time we had finished eating.