“Cavernous, Cosy, Quality”

Bookstop cafe
Ranked #77 of 456 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 14 November 2013

What a treat this is! I urge you to support this wonderfully atmospheric bookshop/cafe in the ancient bowels of Steep Street. It's superbly relaxing to sit in comfy armchairs listening to delicate classical music, surrounded by books. What also makes this little cafe stand out is the quality of its teas, coffees and cakes, and the enthusiasm of the owner who makes you so welcome. The decor is comfortably elegant and the tea served in the most remarkable modern pots, with exquisite white china cups. Please frequent this little place in my absence so it doesn't close down. I want to come again next time I visit Lincoln. It would be my highlight.

2  Thank celloconcert
There are newer reviews for Bookstop cafe

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stumbled across this little cafe in Lincoln on a sunny Sunday morning and were so very glad we did. It isn't often that the two members of our family with dairy intolerance get such a wonderful selection of homemade cakes but they were truly spoiled for choice. The selection of teas and coffees was also impressive with the enthusiastic staff more than happy to make suggestions. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. Our trip to Lincoln was very brief, but if we should be passing through again we'll definitely be visiting this cafe again.

1  Thank SFD20
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I were both thirsty and both fancied a green tea, we stopped by and was not disappointed. We received our tea in a posh tea pot and we were able to have it as strong as we wanted due to the design of the tea pot. The guy who served us was helpful and friendly. We ended up going to the tea shop above the cafe afterwards to buy a tea pot and some fresh tea. A lovely place to come for a drink.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Tucked away under another shop on Lincoln's Steep Hill, the Bookstop is a sweet little cafe with a choice of coffee blends and excellent locally-produced cakes. You could easily miss it, but if you love a good tea shop as much as I do, you should try not to ;) The selection of secondhand and local authors' books is a bonus.

1  Thank rachelcotterill
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had been invited to drop off some copies of my book, Ramblings of a boss dog, and decided to have a cup of tea and some cake. The tea is served in nice glass pots and you can pull up and set a lever when the strength is to your liking.
The English Breakfast tea was very refreshing, and the lavender shortbread delicious. I would recommend stopping here not only for the tea and cakes, but also the chance to read works by local authors.

2  Thank Magickpyggie