“Pub grub”

Cuisines: British, Grill, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is our local pub and a great spot for a cheap dinner. The portions were quite small for two of the three meals and the pie was a little dry and we had to ask for the accompanying gravy. Otherwise a good range of cask ales and standard pub food.

1  Thank Izzy935

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Six of us went for a meal at 4,30pm today Monday 21st July 2014, I had the Quiche with new potatoes and salad and the portion of Quiche measured 2 inches at the widest point which I pointed out to the waiter who instead of telling the manager of my complaint told me that our meals was off the small portion menu, but 3 people had fish and chips and received 2 fish each that was ample, one had chicken which was very dry and the other one had a jacket with pulled pork which was good, service was good, but I was disappointed with the response I got from the waiter about the size of my 2 inch quiche, I went home hungry had had a shepherds pie to fill me up

1  Thank Englishman66
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is our "local" pub/restraunt which we visit at least 12+ times a year.
We have just been two nights running (Thursday and Friday) one with family and one with friends.
Both times the bar area was busy, but most people were in good humour.
We were told it would be at least an hour for food (I think the warm weather had brought a few more than expected out both nights)
That was no problem for us as we intended to make a night of our visits. (If in a hurry best to check, although staff will readily tell you)
The meals both nights were very good (pub fare type food) and the costs for both nights very reasonable.
Although very busy (perhaps could do with a few more staff) the staff were still attentive and friendly.
Two very enjoyable nights... we will be back

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good beer, adequate food and a quiz to round off the evening. The place is busier every time I have been and has now been restored to a higher decor level.

1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have just had a mid week stay in North Hykeham and the B&B we stayed at surggested that we might try The Centurion ,on Newark Road,
Very pleased that we did ,they do not advertise the fact that they do do Gluten Free but the staff on Wednesday & Thursday ( about 17.30 hrs ) were very helpful and they consulted with the chef to see if what we had chosen could be done Gluten Free.
Wonderful food ,very clean would most certainly go back again if in the area.

1  Thank John F