“Fantastic Day Out” 5 of 5 bubbles

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me and my husband visited RAF Waddington Airshow last year and to be honest I wasn't keen on Planes until we went here, The amazing skills the pilots all have especially the red arrows which really got my adrenaline pumping, I was watching in amazement as they did their tricks. I would recommend that you take lots of water as even the stalls ran out of it, and sun cream and hats and sunglasses, also its a good idea to get ear protection for the children as the planes are very loud. You don't have to sit in the sun all day to get a good spot of the planes flying over, as I got sunstroke we were walking around and caught amazing pictures. The downside was there weren't alot of toilets about and the traffic on the way there and back gets very busy.
We will be going back time and time again :)

3 Thank Megan P

United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Arrive Early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

There is a lot more to do and see than watching aeroplanes. A good family day out but very expensive and long queues to get in.

1 Thank 19LincsTraveller40
north east lincolnshire
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Vulcan was awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Only the second time we've visited the show, its a lovely family day out, we take a picnic and go with friends.
We have done the helicopter ride too, worth a go if you've not done it before, but will set you back a few pennies.
The show in the air is great, with a fairly constant stream of aerobatics. The show on the ground is fab, walking through the awax with crew members to tell you all about it etc.
The stalls at the show are mainly tacky!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank cazlilly
Cheshire, United Kingdom
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Waddington Airshow 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've been going to Airshows for over 30 years and Waddington for the last 15 years, I use to pay the admission charge but I don't anymore, however I do support my local RAFA Hotel in St Annes where I visit regularly and give financial support.

Getting back to my review of The Waddington Airshow 2013 this year they were blessed with fine sunny weather which has;nt always been the case. Two of my alltime favourites were performing at the show The Swedish J 37 Viggen, the first time I saw the Viggen I was amazed how it landed turned around and took off in the opposite direction, then The Avro Vulcan for such a big aircraft it flies a fantastic display.

Although there was no USAF Participation due to budget cuts we had good displays by the Typhoon and the Turkish F16 Aerobatic displays.

Here is a tip if you don't want to pay the admission on show days go on the friday practise day and watch most of the arrivals and the practise displays, its quite inexpensive and you don't get caught up in the inevitatable traffic jams.

On show days I park up at Branston which is to the east of the airfield its about two miles from the show and most of the airaft fly in a left hand circuit and fly directly over Branston or the nearby villages, this is where you may find the local populise.

One other benefit is when the Airshow Finishes you avoid all the traffic and bypass lincoln. I also go to RIAT at Fairford again I park up with the locals on the road from Fairford to Southrop. I normally stay at Evesham
and go to Stow on the Wold, bypass Bourton The Water, travel past RAF Little Rissington, travel through the Barrington past Tom Jolleys through Eastleach and onto Southrop, travelling this way in both directions I never get caught in any traffic holdups..

Another pleasant excursion is to go to a certain pub where Liz Hurley can be found having a G & T unfortunately I'm not gointo disclose the location other than its in the Cotswolds

2 Thank francis m
middlesbrough
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Oh so big”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a massive air show, everything is on a grand scale. This summer was baking hot and you felt it. For me the whole thing was just too big (a long way from one end of the site to the other) I perhaps preferred the intimacy of Duxford's efforts. Can't fault the flying displays or the organisation. Get there early if you want to avoid the usual horrendous traffic.

Visited August 2013