“Little Gem in Lincoln”

Ranked #2 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
London
“Little Gem in Lincoln”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a lovely boutique hotel in the nicer part of Lincoln.
The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with all the facilities you need.
They have a small coffee shop where breakfast is served, the Full English was excellent.
You do have to climb the hill to get there so not for the less able bodied!

1 Thank GaynorLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Needed a place to relax and unwind before my big day! The Rest Hotel was that place! Beautiful rooms, wonderful views over the roof tops. Richard, the owner, pulled out all the stops to be as accommodating as possible. It was that good that we booked five more rooms for friends and family! Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just spent 3 peaceful nights at the Rest and would certainly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers to Lincoln. The location halfway up Steep Hill is not too far out , the high street is only minutes away. The staff were very friendly and gave useful info regarding things to see and do. The room was very modern(Treetops) and clean as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfy , but a little on the high side, steps required for the shorter guests!Lots of extras , fridge ,iron & board, safe, bottled water , toileteries, all added to the stay. The food was spot on and the staff did not mind if you strayed from the menu to your own tastes.Will be back again

Room Tip: Treetops room was at the end of the row of rooms, probably the quieter room.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed as a lone traveller as I was attending an event in Lincoln. As the mother of a young child I rarely get time alone, so I was really looking forward to having a break.

I was not disappointed, far from it, The Rest exceeded my expectations. I received a friendly welcome and was shown to my rooftop room which was spotlessly clean, spacious and well decorated.

I used the lounge downstairs for a glass of bubbly, and not once did I feel conspicuous for being alone. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The bed was wonderful - I had a great night's sleep, waking at 8 which is unheard of for me! Breakfast was also fantastic.

The only (minor) problem was the Wifi didn't work in the room, but it worked in the lounge - I think this is temporary as I was told they are changing the system this week. It didn't matter too much for me as I didn't go there to surf the net, though I understand it may be necessary for some.

The Rest is in a wonderful location, and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
leicester
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

we have had a lovely overnight stay here (without the baby) and it was truly a blissful experience!
the 2 sisters who looked after us checking in and in the bar/coffee lounge were very nice and friendly, lots of local knowledge to guide us to nice places to eat and drink.
Every thing about the rooms was perfect, breakfast and check out times are very generous.
breakfast. .. oh my days.... perfect!
my wife lizzie and myself cannot wait to return.
fantastic location too, bang in the middle of steep hill!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at the rest on Easter Sun-Mon in the Rooftops room. The room was great so lovely decorated and spotless. Couldn't fault it. Lots of little extras eg. A safe, a little fridge and a good hairdryer which for me was great saved me a lot of time getting ready!! The bathroom was lovely and spotless and loved the rooftop window. The breakfast was very good quality served to order in the lovely cafe area which I think used to be the church hall. Great location too on Steep hill convenient for the sights, cafes, bars and restaurants. Also not noisy to say what a prime spot it is in. Parking 2 minutes away down the road. You can't get any better in my opinion. We will definitely be back and have already recomended to friends. Book here you won't be dissapointed. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed April 2014
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A lovely boutique hotel right in the centre of the old part of Lincoln. The rooms are very well appointed and the cafe provides a great quality breakfast. The staff are exceptionally helpful (thanks to Mary-Anne for all your help). The only reason why this isn't rated as excellent is the fact that due to the location it is a little difficult to drive to and parking is a short walk away from the hotel. The wifi also did not work in our room, which was a temporary problem we were informed.

Manager_at_The_Rest, Owner at The Rest, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you staying with us and for taking the time to give your comments, its much appreciated.

The Wi-Fi has been sporadic and sorry it didnt work whilst you were here. It is being replaced next week with a new system.

I hope to see you again soon.

best regards