“Lincolns most unique hotel by far- if you want a treat or to impress then this is the place to stay.”
Review of The Rest

The Rest
Ranked #2 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in the Lincoln city centre. The Rest is such a delightful well thought out establishment. The decor is classy and luxurious. They have thought of everything to make the stay as comfortable as possible. I only stayed one night but could have happily stayed for the entire week. The location is perfect for anybody wanting to make the most of visiting the area and very handy for a night out too. There are several lovely places to eat on the doorstep as well as it having its own coffee shop with a good selection of hot food and beverages including alcohol. I found that the staff were very helpful and with regards to parking they presented me with a Lincoln City Council parking permit ( free of charge- which is quite rare for a city centre hotel) which I could use at a number of car parks close to the hotel. I chose to park at the Motherby Car Park which is just at the bottom of the hill to the right which happens to be right next to the police station so I was happy to leave my car there overnight without any worries.
The room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable I had to drag myself out for the night because I could have happily stayed in watching the tv in such luxury!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ClaireHolden

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My Husband and I have just spent our anniversary at The Rest and are most definitely going to be returning. The renovation has been done to a high standard and for the price we paid for the Garden room I was extremely pleased. The staff were all extremely polite, outgoing and helpful. My only regret is we could not stay another night (three children at home) in this wonderful serene Hotel and atmosphere that is the cathedral quarter of Lincoln.

Room Tip: Garden room is down some steps but worth it for the private garden sat overlooking the beautiful lan...
1  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked this hotel last minute for a Saturday night in Lincoln.
Everything was done exceptionally well from the initial phone reservation to arrival and stay. The room we had was on the ground floor and although it had no views and limited windows it was decorated with a very high standard of fittings.
The bedding and towels were very good quality.
The small hotel does not have a dining room but a good coffee bar which is open to serve great variety of breakfast to guests before it opens to the public as a coffee bar / eating house during the day.
Although not cheap, we thought the location and top quality made this a very good place to stay. Parking is nearby(5 minutes walk).

Room Tip: Just check whether you have a view or an outside area (we noticed that some rooms seemed to have sea...
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My parents & I stayed here for 1 night. I had a rooftop room which was really lovely. Very modern & contemporary. I had a table & chairs outside my room. My parents had a room on the ground floor which was ideal for them as they are senior citizens & the stairs are an issue for them. The staff were fantastic & nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was great with a large choice. We would definitely stay here again.
One word of warning the parking is a little way away so if you have bags or the walking is a difficultly beware. Taxi's from the hotel to the cathedral or restaurants aren't very expensive & the hotel have a cab company they use. All in all a really enjoyable stay at a lovely hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed 2 nights at 'The Rest', in the Family Suite.
The room has to be one of the best family unit options I have come across - and at a reasonable price.
The decor is beautiful - photographs don't do it justice. Very glamorous, but style has not overtaken comfort. The owners have done their research into those little details that will make your stay feel home from home.
There is a fridge and a safe in the rooms. An iron and hairdryer - even a little torch on your room keyring!
The only complaint I would have, is that the vegetarian breakfast is lacking in imagination - and the service at breakfast was slow.
If I were to return to Lincoln -I wouldn't look at stay anywhere else but here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We booked for our second wedding anniversary, the room was the roof top room called Woodlands, it was beautiful and had plenty of room. The bathroom was also great. We had the full English breakfast which was included in the price and it didn't disappoint. Brilliant place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night as a part of a weekend away. Staff are very friendly and courteous. Check in was quick and easy and our room was ready. We were given a complimentary 24 hour parking permit on check in which was very handy! Rooms are very modern and contemporary, very comfortable with a huge bed!! we wish we had stayed here for the two nights we were in Lincoln! Breakfast was amazing and service was very quick and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Location of this hotel is perfect on the hustle and bustle of steep hill which is near to shops, cafés and restaurants? We would definitely recommend The Rest and will be back again! Can't say enough nice things about this place it's gorgeous. Oh and outside the rooftop foo you get table and chairs outside your room which is lovely for a drink and you can people watch over steep hill!

Room Tip: Rooftop rooms are gorgeous