“Complete Satisfaction.”
Review of The Castle Hotel

The Castle Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A gift from our son in law who stays at this hotel on business gave us a priceless two days as the ambience,service and quality of food was outstanding.We had two friends join us for evening meal who agreed this is a totally outstanding venue and one you must visit.Ideally situated near Cathedral & Castle plus easy access to centre of Lincoln this is an exceptional Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms 101 & 201 are furthest away from receptionand quieter.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went with friends to another establishment nearby for a special occasion and it was a disaster.
We arrived at the castle hotel dishevelled and distressed but they looked after us, tended our emotional wounds and put on a lovely spread.

With more notice I am sure it would have been even more of a special occasion but I can't fault them as we turned up without notice.

I am gluten free and in half an hour they served up a menu for me. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have just returned from an overnight stay at this lovely hotel. We were shown to our room by the very friendly lady on reception. It was very clean and well decorated, but seemed very warm, but once we had put the fan on for a few minutes it was fine!

The meal in the restaurant at night was perfect, very well presented and everything tasted beautiful. The service was spot on, you felt looked after but not smothered by attention. The breakfast was equally impressive, although I did miss having a Danish pastry or muffin to finish, croissants being the only choice available.

The location of this hotel is brilliant, right on the door step of lots of quaint , independent shops and bars etc, but still very peaceful at the same time. Walking out the entrance to views of the castle and cathedral makes it a great place to stay. Don't hesitate to give it a try!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Sunday evening to Tue morning. So relaxing. It was a gift from our daughter and her new husband. We loved it. Only prob was when I rang to arrange treatment I was told I had a choice of two treatments.when I asked what they were I was told it was on our print out, it wasn't!!!!! My daughter didn't realise we were restricted to two treatments. This was a treat for Mother and father of both bride and groom, treatment I chose from the two options was ok??? Just ok???

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband won a night at the Castle hotel at a charity boxing match and, as we live in Lincoln, we were really looking forward this opportunity to be tourists in our own city. The owner showed us the luxury apartment (which is stunning) and the cottage. We chose the cottage because it is so beautiful and has a gorgeous little garden so we could sit out and enjoy the sunshine. The fixtures and fittings are so modern and we felt so cosy with all the lovely furnishings. Bed was super comfy and the bedrooms (there are 2) are so quiet and dark.
The hotel is in a fantastic location. Breakfast was delicious especially the sausages. The friendly owner came over to chat to us and was so pleased we'd enjoyed our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Lincoln.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I'm always slightly nervous when booking (and paying for) hotels myself - how can they match up to the standards of the wonderful places I stay at through my work.
The Castle Hotel is up there with the best. I stayed there 20 years ago and would then have described it as a bit shabby! But wow, what a job the current owners have done - they've turned it into a fabulous boutique hotel - well worth discovering.
The rooms are contemporary and comfortable with some delightful details, while the staff are eager to please. And the hotel's restaurant, Reform, is another surprise - innovative food in classy surroundings - eat in if you can!
On top of all that, it's all really good value - oh, and Lincoln's quite cute, too!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is in a perfect position for the castle, Cathedral and a splendid pub called The Strugglers, not to be missed. We had dinner the first night in the hotel restaurant which was good that is to say a fairly conventional menu well cooked. The staff, who were also around for breakfast, were pleasant and engaging. The breakfast was particularly good and the food on offer accounting for most tastes.
My first surprise was the room itself. The Traditional room was described as offering more than the executive rooms with fantastic views. it also talked about being up in the eaves which should have given me the clue. The windows offering a view are actually semi sky lights perhaps tilted 45degrees. Not easy to get the vista even on tip toe, although when It wasn't raining my wife did open one to peer out and did spot a bit of the castle. Having said that the room was clean the bathroom well appointed and the bed very comfortable.
My second surprise was on our last morning when having had a bath before breakfast I then used the hand spray to do my hair the water was very cold (not to say freezing when you have just experienced a warm bath) my wife didn't quite hear what I shouted. Just to check that I hadn't made a mistake I turned the bath tap on, same thing. If I learnt anything it was that I could never be Scandinavian. I did mention it on checking out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple