“GOOD LOCATION”
Review of Orchard House

Orchard House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Orchard House
Ranked #39 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Dorset, United Kingdom
“GOOD LOCATION”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed for to nights,19/20 Aug 2012 easy booking by phone a week in advance no deposit required. Arrived, good parking for 4 cars, close to a fairly busy and noisy road at times. We were allocated room 2, double with seperate shower bath on ensuite. Excellent breakfasts and Stephen the owner very friendly and helpful. Location good as you could walk to the Castle and Cathedral, slight climb from the B&B, and down hill to the other attractions.Disappointed with standard of towels, they need replacing!! and bedding/sheets could of been of a better quality!
Enjoyed our stay in Lincoln.

Room Tip: book early as he has regular business users.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My parents stayed for 1 night on a short visit to Lincoln and had a lovely stay. The room was spotless and the beds comfortable. Stephen could not have made them feel more welcome. None of our requests were too much trouble and the breakfasts were excellent.
We will stay at Orchard House again - you should too!
PS His cafe (Sanctuary) at the Lawns is also excellent!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Renia P
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Everything about this B&B is excellent and Stephen is a really wonderful host.

The location is very good for getting to the city centre and all the main sights. Just a bit of walking involved.

The breakfast is absolutely amazing - it set us up for the whole day.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank xxoooxx
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and could not fault this b and b in any way. The location is very handy for sightseeing - only a short walk to the cathedral and castle. Also very well located for some top class restaurants of which there are many. The rooms are tastefully decorated with our ensuite having both a bath and a shower. Beautiful well kept garden. The owner was very friendly and an exceptionally good cook - you will not leave hungry - breakfast was fantastic - locally sourced lincolnshire sausages and bacon and free range eggs. Smoked salmon on our second day was delicicous - he also caters well for special diets - just ask. Overall a very relaxing couple of days. I have stayed in many B & Bs and hotels over the years but if you are looking for somehere in Lincoln I would highly recommend this one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Durham
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Just a one night stay enjoying Lincoln. It's a short walk up the hill to the Cathedral.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Horley
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We had a short break of three nights at the end of February to celebrate my birthday. Our room wasn't en-suite but we had sole use of a bathroom and toilet just across the landing from our bedroom which meant we had a bath as well as a shower and it was fine. The decor in this house is nice and contemporary and it didn't have the tired and shabby look that so many B&B's seem to have. Breakfast is cooked to order and therefore takes a while but its worth waiting for freshly cooked food and there are plenty of cereals, fresh fruit and toast to enjoy in the meantime. Stephen is a lovely, friendly, chatty host and made us feel very welcome. Although the house is on a busy road, the room wasn't noisy and we slept well. Once Stephen had pointed out the short cut into the cathedral quarter of the city centre, it was only about a 15 min (uphill) walk and there is a bus service if you need it. We found some good places to eat - the Barge on Brayford water front and the pie restauarant on Steep Hill are recommended. There are great antique outlets at Hemswell Cliff & Horncastle and Lincoln Castle, Cathedral and Bishops Palace are a must. Get yourself a Time Travel Pass and save on entry fees - well worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HorleyMorley
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Wow. I would definitely recommend this lovely B&B to anyone who needed to be in Lincoln. I don't think I could fault it in any way, and i am a picky person who does mystery shopping as a side-income earner (trained to spot things!). We felt welcomed from just the initial email correspondence about dates, and nothing was too much trouble. Stephen made special arrangements to let us in when we needed to arrive earlier than planned, and was perfectly pleasant about doing so, so that we didn't feel we had inconvenienced him at all (this was a stark contrast to some of the rude emails I had received back from other B&Bs in the area in response to a mere query about room availability!).

The location is brilliant - near enough to walk to the cathedral and castle area within about 5-10 minutes (depending on your pace!), and the 'new' bit of town is not much further than that. We were in room 2, which overlooks the gorgeous garden - can't wait to come back here in the summer when it will be in full bloom, but even in chilly February it was wonderful. The offroad parking was a godsend, and there is plenty of room for a car to each room booked from what we could see. Despite it being a main road, I could barely hear any noise from outside at all, even from the breakfast room which is at the front on the ground floor (and I have batlike hearing!).

The room we were in was decorated beautifully, on a sort of monochrome theme. It was spotless (something very dear to my heart when booking rooms as I am slightly ocd!) and so comfy - I think I had the best two nights sleep I've had in months, if not years. I left from Durham feeling stressed and tired, and emerged from Lincoln 2 nights later feeling relaxed and spoiled! The bath attached to our room (Rm 2) was the biggest most amazing bath I have ever been in (comedy snorkel and mask are provided in the bathroom cupboard!) and my boyfriend would have had trouble getting me out, had he not been engaged in watching football on the flatscreen TV in the bedroom! We both really appreciated the ample supplies of tea, coffee and hot chocolate (fair trade and rainforest alliance!) and although there wasn't a hairdryer in the room, Stephen very cheerily lent me one with no fuss at all.

This is getting rather long now (!) but you hopefully get the idea. The breakfast was in keeping with the rest of our experience: fab! We only had the full english on the second day because we were worried about fitting into our wedding outfits, but Stephen very happily made us scrambled eggs on toast instead - his eggs are as good as my dad's, which is really saying something! The sausages we had on the second morning make me drool to think of them now, and everything was perfectly cooked and served in a very happy and cheery manner. We cannot wait to go back... and apparently Stephen also has a cafe near the castle area, so we'll be off there too to try his cakes! (The Sanctuary!)

If you're going to Lincoln, go to Stephen's Orchard House! :-)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple