“The best B&B ever for me and my dog”
Review of Goodlane B&B

Goodlane B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Goodlane B&B
Ranked #42 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I am staying at Good Lane regularly until my house sells and cannot recommend it highly enough. It really is like home from home. Annie and Sue are kind and helpful and take my dog out/look after her while I am at work. If I didn't ultimately want my own house, I would move in permanently. Nothing is too much trouble and the house and rooms are charming, the shower is powerful and the garden a peaceful haven after work.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Goodlane B&B

Reviewed 6 June 2009

I've read the other reviews on here and they are nothing like what I experienced, so much so I felt I had to write one!
I stayed at the Goodlane B&B for one night with my Dad who has stayed a few times before. It has a beautiful first impression with it's lovely garden, the rooms were lovely, with sinks and tea and coffee facilities, tv with dvd also. Also the rooms have locks! I have noticed someone said they haven't but they do!. There is a shared bathroom between guests which wasn't a problem for us. Only a short distance from the city centre. In the morning we were greeted by 'Annie' who was really lovely and friendly. She cooked us an amazing breakfast (Anything we wanted!) There was also toast and cereal. Overall a really lovely place to stay and very good price! Will definatley return!

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 6 October 2008

A friend and I stayed at Good lane B&B with our dogs in tow and we were very impressed from start to finish. The rooms were lovely; we were welcomed into the B&B and invited for a cuppa in the wonderful farmhouse kitchen. Sue was very friendly and cooked us an excellent breakfast despite our very early start on sunday morning. I would recommend good lane as a clean, friendly b&b and Sue as an excellent hostess. An excellent pet friendly hotel, would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We have never stayed anywhere quite like Goodlane B & B and are still not quite sure what to make of it. The owner, Sue, with whom I booked a 2 night stay via e-mail, works away from home a lot of the time and this was the case whilst we were there. In her absence the place is "looked after" by another woman called Annie. Now Annie is a really lovely person, warm, obviously kind and really friendly and helpful - all excellent qualities in a host. However, the B & B itself is complete chaos. We had a (quite nice) double room. There are 3 guest rooms but what I didn't realise when I booked was that there is only 1 shared bathroom for everyone. When we were there, not only were all 3 guest rooms occupied, but there was also someone staying in the guest lounge and yet another person staying in the office! The place was so full that there wasn't room for Annie herself to stay so she went home each night, about 10 minutes away and was then supposed to come back each morning to organise breakfast. When we arrived, Annie told us to have a wander around, make ourselves at home and help ourselves to whatever we liked in the kitchen (!). I wasn't sure I'd heard her properly when she said that it was more like a "shared house" than a B & B. One strange thing was that, although we were given a front door key, there were no locks on the bedroom doors so, if we'd had any valuables with us, we wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving these when we went out. We asked what time breakfast was and were asked what time we would like it to be. We asked whether 8.30 was possible and Annie said that would be fine. On our first morning, we came down to the dining room and it was like the Marie Celeste. After about 10 minutes, a guy wandered into the kitchen and asked if we'd like a coffee. We asked if we could have tea instead please. Sure, he could make us some tea. It slowly dawned on us that this was another guest! We apologised for taking advantage of him and explained that we weren't sure what to do. He said that Annie would probably arrive soon but that sometimes she didn't make it and if we wanted to make a start on cooking our own breakfasts, she wouldn't mind!! We had just decided to make do with toast when Annie arrived and cooked us a (very nice) breakfast. She was reasonably apologetic (she'd been watching something on TV and forgotten the time) and really pleasant, chatty and knowledgeable about things to do locally. Our experience the second morning was pretty similar but, of course, this time we knew what to expect. The communal areas were pretty untidy and we felt very much like we were living in someone's house. We couldn't have used the guest lounge, of course, because it was doubling as someone's bedroom. We never quite got to the bottom of this but presume it was because Annie didn't like turning anyone away. Now, we are not fussy or demanding folk. It really didn't matter to us that no-one came in and re-made our bed or changed our towels (we were only there for 2 nights after all). It felt almost normal on our second morning to be searching through the kitchen cupboards for the teabags and rooting in the fridge for the last bit of butter. And possibly, if we'd had to stay for longer, we'd have got used to the laid back approach to hospitality which meant you might get served a breakfast, but then again you might not. The other guests certainly seemed to take it all in their stride. An older lady who had been there for a few days before we arrived had apparently done the washing up, and the day we were leaving, Annie was going along with her to visit her husband who was ill in hospital. We, however, never really got over feeling awkward and uncertain about the whole thing (despite Annie's genuine efforts to put us at our ease). The fact that our room was only £50 per night didn't really make up for this. Lincoln itself is a lovely city (can recommend the Thailand No1 on Bailgate and Brown's Pie Shop on Steep Hill as great places to eat) and we will certainly return but probably not to Goodlane B & B. Perhaps we were just there at a bad time. I'd like to think so, for Annie's sake and for that of owner Sue. I'm sure there are people out there who would really enjoy this kind of friendly chaos. For us, it was too much like home.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JoLibraryLady
Reviewed 24 September 2006

We booked this B&B for one night and confirmed with the owner that we would be arriving at 6.30pm. When we arrived we were met by a very rude woman who told us that she had double booked our room out the night before and we should have left a telephone number so that she could have told us. There booking system must be a mess and it was upto Good Lane to ask for a contact number.She had a disgusting attitude and suggested going to the Bailhouse, but I knew this was full and double the price. As a result we tried three hotels which were fully booked, but finally got a room in a hotel which was having a wedding - This hotel informed us it would be noisy but we were too tired to try anywhere else. We were late for our dinner date and the whole experience cost us more than expected. IF YOU BOOK GOOD LANE EXPECT TO BE DISSAPPOINTED.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlin
Reviewed 22 August 2006

Anyone travelling to Lincoln in the UK should check out Sue Addisson's Goodlane B&B. Lincoln is a beautiful city and Sue's B&B is ideally located at the top of the aptly named Steep Hill a short walk form the cathedral and castle. She was a wonderful hostess who went out of her way to ensure our comfort. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Contact [--]