“A super short break”

and 1 more site!
The Pyewipe Inn
Ranked #21 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went this weekend with no real expectations but were delighted with both the hotel facilities and the food. For the money this would be very hard to beat.
Situated next to a canal and within a few minutes drive of the city I am looking forward to returning to the place in the summer.
The staff could not be more helpful and the room was spotless. Excellent home-made food in the evening and a hearty breakfast completed a special weekend

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend a wedding function nearby in Lincoln, with my husband and my parents, both rooms were comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay, bathroom and shower room were clean.

Had a quick sandwiche and drinks in the hotel before wedding and was very satisfied with the food and service. Breakfast in the morning was fine.

Will come back in the future when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a great hotel on the banks of the canal about 2 miles from Lincoln.
Comfortable and clean rooms in a separate lodge.
Excellent food and service in main bar with an outside terrace on the canal bank.
Friendly and helpful staff who were keen to help us during our stay.
More than enough parking space available.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Been back here a few times for food,lovely setting,friendly staff,and quick service,not to mention the food which is excellent.
It's a bit pricey,but I think well worth it,and the beer isn't bad either.
No hesitation in recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Buck R
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My 3 day visit started badly. A young man watched me struggle into the Inn with my suitcase and then told me that the accommodation was 100 yards away - no offer of help, no have a nice stay etc .100 yards later and after I had heaved my case up the stairs, I reached my room it appeared at it seemed very pleasant, lots of tea and coffee, lots of fluffy white towels and nicely furnished. There were a lot of plus points to the stay - the location and the peace and quite.It was incidentals that spoilt it all. The mattress had ridges in it making it difficult to get comfortable and I had three nights of restless sleep as a consequence, the bedside light had such a short cord and out of reach so you had to get out of bed to switch it off (Grrrr). The shower was a halfhearted dribble and you had to stand on the plughole to catch the erratic dribble. I gave breakfast a miss after the first day. orange juice was plonked on the table without a word and I had a terse "yes" when I asked if apple juice was available instead. Soggy cheap white bread made into faintly toasted and pre-buttered at that is not an option I would choose. All in all a disappointing experience although I have to say the meal I had one evening was exceptional and the staff far more profesional.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A clean, comfortable setting outside Lincoln. We enjoyed the walk in along the canal and it took us about 40 minutes.

Accommodation is in a separate building about 100 metres from the pub and there is no internet in your room - really annoying, especially when one comes from overseas and is in a different time zone. This means that you have your laptop/iPad etc on the table at dinner and breakfast in the pub, which is far from ideal.

Strongly recommend that the management rectify this. I also strongly recommend that a sensor light is placed at the building's front door - so you can see to get your key in the lock!

Meals seemed expensive - we had to order vegetables separately.

Room Tip: Room is marked down due to no internet and grappling to get your key in the lock of the outside buil...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelluda
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Enjoyed a very relaxing stay by the river at the pyewipe. Lovely room with views across countryside, very clean perfect bathroom. Staff were lovely from the moment we arrived. Nothing was too much trouble. we had dinner there on two evenings and were very impressed. The dining room was always full as lots of non- residents used it. My only little moan is the lack of any nice alternatives for non cooked breakfast eaters Eg. fruit, yoghurt, pastry. The breakfasts (cooked to order however were very good especially for hearty appetites.
Margaret

Room Tip: I liked being on the first floor but ground would be better for anyone with mobility problem. I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple