“Simply the Best”

Olivares Tapas Bar
Ranked #10 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Spanish food. Home made.
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a diamond to find by chance on our recent visit to Lincoln , wonderful food, nice portions, good value for money & would dine there next time I go to Lincoln.

I think it is the best Tapas Bar I have been too outside of Spain, a real delight & so glad we stumbled on the place.

1 Thank charles77473

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Amazing Tapas-What a Feast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant had been recommended to us, so we booked in advance(a good idea on Friday/Saturday). We weren't disappointed.
We had to change the number of guests the day before-no problem. We wanted to shop, so phoned to ask if we could delay the booking by an hour-no problem.
The owner was very friendly and suggested dishes that would compliment each other. At his suggestion, we also had a jug of fresh lemonade-delicious! the food was freshly cooked and delivered to our table of 5 at a pace that allowed the dishes to be enjoyed to the full.
10 wonderful dishes of tapas, one glass of red wine and a jug of fresh lemonade came to just short of £64 for 5 people- which for such a delicious , high quality lunch is amazing value.
We left with no room for desert, but promising that we would return in the near future. An hours drive from Yorkshire and we are already talking about planning our next visit>

3 Thank Felix491
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in here today on the off chance we could get a table (we have tried a few times before and they've always been full up) and we managed to get seated! There was a lot of choice and what we had was very filling and delicious!
I felt it was a bit on the dear side however - but - for the five or six different flavours we had I feel this justifies the cost slightly

1 Thank AnnePrice29
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“fantastic food and atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

a very tiny, cute restaurant with friendly helpful service. My friend and I were unsure what to order so the owner helped select a variety of dishes for us all between £3-5 each. All excellent in taste. Really flavourful authentic tasting food.
Although some dishes a little pricey for what they are and the house wine again is a bit expensive the whole experience is worth it as it takes you out of Lincoln and transports you into Spain even if it is only for a few hours!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sarah F
Bath, United Kingdom
“Another brilliant tapas bar in Lincoln”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I came here on a weekday evening and thought the quality of the food was very high. We had the bread, olives and aoili to begin with, and then chose a selection of tapas - all of these were delicious, with highlights for me the cod croquettes and the mushrooms in a blue cheese sauce. Owner is friendly and professional, and the atmosphere is rustic (in a good way!) and authentic.

The restaurant is perhaps a little bit pricier than their direct tapas competitors, and it would be nice if the (non-house) wine menu/cava included bottles between £20-£30 (at least they're not listed). The house red itself, which was £17.50, was however very good.

Not being a desert person, I was nonetheless blown away by the almond cake on their desert menu. Incredibly moreish - I would probably go there just for that! I would definitely recommend this restaurant - but as others have said, better to book!

1 Thank bathreviewsmc