“One of the best restaurants in Lincoln”
Review of Damon's

Damon's
Ranked #263 of 520 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: All the restaurants have fully trained General Managers, Assistant General Managers, General Kitchen Managers, Duty Managers and Supervisors. All our managers started as juniors and through their hard work and commitment, have been promoted to their current positions. Damons is acclaimed for our ability to serve the finest menu selections including American style breakfast, superior quality ribs, chicken, prawns, steak and our unique loaf of onion rings. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly restaurant and have a large variety menu for children up to 12 years of age. We also cater for any parties no matter how big or if there are just 2 of you, you will all receive the same warm welcome. With many fantastic offers such as the birthday promotion, kids eat free, half price cocktails and special combo meals, and over 60's discount there is always something for everyone.
Reviewed 21 August 2015

One of my favourites. A good place for breakfast or a meal later in the day. The ribs are unbelievable and the steak is also great. There is also a waiting area near the bar so you can get drinks while you wait for a table.

2  Thank Lincs7545
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Good service, food reasonable (deep fried everything) but good taste!!!
Very reasonable!!!
Not quite sure why people moan about damons!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Been visiting here for a while but the last visit was poor.
Portion sizes were a hell of a lot smaller from last time I visited and chips were not that great.
We felt a little let down by the meals as its not a cheap place to eat out.
After the meal we spoke to the manager who was more interested in other people than my family.
Would I go back....yes...but not for a long time.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Damons has always been a family favourite of mine since I was 5 years old and has been used for birthday and celebratory meals in the past for myself and my family.

Having said this, when we all visited recently on several occasions the standards have certainly been dropped. Myself and my mum tried to order drinks at the bar whilst the MANAGER and a bartender proceeded to ignore us and carry on cleaning behind the bar is if we weren't even there. When we wanted to pay by card for our drinks the card machine was thrown onto the bar for my mum to enter her pin into..

Also, as a table of 4 myself and my family asked to be moved from one of the smaller tables which was cramped, to a larger round table because there was several available..we were rudely told no even though on one of the 6 person large tables there was a single couple on one!

4 simple starters were ordered: 4 chicken wings and only 2 came, we had to wait another 15 minutes for the others to arrive after the waitress messed up the order.

From my experience this restaurant used to provide quality service along with their quality food. However now, as it seems to be under new management with new staff, the standards have dropped to below standard. Such a shame since it was once a family favourite.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

OMG.... The ribs are out of this world... Eat nothing else... Messy but just fabulous.... Coleslaw to die for... Sauce divine.... You've got to go... N it's free on your birthday!!! Wow!!!!

2  Thank Jeff T