“Great Breakfast!”
Review of Damon's

Damon's
Ranked #263 of 520 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: All the restaurants have fully trained General Managers, Assistant General Managers, General Kitchen Managers, Duty Managers and Supervisors. All our managers started as juniors and through their hard work and commitment, have been promoted to their current positions. Damons is acclaimed for our ability to serve the finest menu selections including American style breakfast, superior quality ribs, chicken, prawns, steak and our unique loaf of onion rings. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly restaurant and have a large variety menu for children up to 12 years of age. We also cater for any parties no matter how big or if there are just 2 of you, you will all receive the same warm welcome. With many fantastic offers such as the birthday promotion, kids eat free, half price cocktails and special combo meals, and over 60's discount there is always something for everyone.
Reviewed 27 August 2015

This is a breakfast review - full English or American muffins/poached egg - all at £5.
Great surroundings and friendly staff - food cooked fresh and tasty. When you compare these surroundings to e.g. Little Chef (which is more expensive) there is no comparison.
Will definitely go there again when I am in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Okay food, quick service, and a good location. Prices are a bit stepp for what it actually is. Fine for a quick meal, not fine dining.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Delicious BBQ ribs with plenty of meat on. Given free bread and butter before main meal which was nice. Coleslaw which was given with main also delicious. My mum had Texas burger and didn't like bacon very much - she wished she got the BBQ ribs instead! Overall, very nice.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Free coffee, free orange juice, great tasting meal and service with a smile. What else could you want at 10am.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Went for breakfast as a treat as remembered how good it was a couple of years ago but was left with a bad taste in my mouth, literally!

I had a French Slam (2 slices of French toast, 4 Cumberland sausages, 2 fried eggs and herby potatoes) and my wife had Standard Edition breakfast (2 poached eggs, 2 Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon, beans and herby roast potatoes mixed).

Okay, French toast was very good, highlight of my breakfast, but the fried eggs were awful, over-cooked and shrivelled up, sausages were cheap and full of gristle, and the potatoes were dreadful - I remember the last time they were like crispy and delicious sauteed potatoes but this time they were about twice the size, soft and coated in what tasted like a crumbled stock cube.

My wife had the 'mixed' potatoes which is basically the same thing but with fine diced peppers mixed in, which seemed to collate the crumbled stock cube (or whatever it is they use to flavour it) - not pleasant at all. Needless to say, we both left the potatoes.

Her poached eggs were tiny and overcooked and obviously cooked in a mould, sausages same as mine and two cheap cuts of bacon.

For the prices you pay for these breakfasts you would think they would source better quality food but it looks like they scrimp and scrape wherever they can an just get the cheapest ingredients they can find.

I wish we had not visited and left myself the memory of a great American-style breakfast we had previously enjoyed but now that memory is tarnished.

The place has gone downhill in recent times and I do not plan to come again anytime soon, for breakfast or any other meal.