“Best Thai food in authentic style restaurant, offers gluten free choice!”

Thailand Number One
Ranked #16 of 467 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My hubby treated me to a Thai meal here for my birthday as we struggle to eat out due to his requirements for a gluten free meal! (Coeliac sufferer).
It was awesome! They were really helpful in aiding him to make his chooses and the setting was superb, a REAL Thai restaurant, waitresses in authentic dress, cutlery and tableware etc...
It's a place you have to book in advance especially at evenings and weekends as it's very busy, but they make you feel at ease and not rushed.
The food is fab, my palate doesn't like the really hot spicy stuff, but if you want anything cooked milder, you just have to ask. I had a King Prawn House Special dish, ( can't remember the name!) that was just on the edge of my range of heat, it was very nice. I'd have it again.
I'm planning a return visit with my son who's 11rs old next time, as I know he'll love it!
Well done to the management and keep up the great work!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food, Great staff
very friendly and able to explain what the dishes were.
reasonably priced for the quality of food
would visit again

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Thai No 1 has always been the best Thai Restaurant in Lincoln for food and remains to be, however after being regular customers for 10 years I have to say that the service has slipped.
It has always been a speedy service and occasionally this has been to quick, however this evening it was the complete antithesis, to a point. Starters and mains were served promptly, but we were somewhat surprised that 30 minutes after clearing our main course ( empty) plates away we we still waiting to be asked if we would either like a dessert or coffee. Several other tables were in the same position and choose to leave. We thought that our patience would see us through, but alas it did not. Whilst paying the bill I did seek the opportunity to speak to the senior manager, but was left with the feeling that whatever I said fell on deaf ears. Even worse the waitress that did serve us this evening explained that service would be worse tomorrow due to poor staffing levels. My answer to that is if you you do not have the staff available to offer a good service then don't take the bookings.
I can only hope that Thai No 1 take such comments on board and look to improve their service, if they don't they are in danger of loosing regular customers to competing Thai Restaurants in the city.

2  Thank HappySue
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went to Thailand Number One for a birthday meal for their lunch menu. The service is excellent as is the food, we all have a lovely time and would recommend to anyone who enjoys or wants to experience Thai food.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The welcome from the exquisitely dressed Thai waitress made for a memorable dining experience.
The restaurant was very busy which made pre-booking essential.
The food was beautifully presented (how do they make those sculptures with carrots?) and very tasty and the Thai wine ( Monsoon I think !) was very pleasant.
But it was the polite, unflustered and efficient service which makes one wish that they could take over some of our Motorway Services.
All in all a memorable evening in the historic city of Lincoln.