“Cheese, cheese or cheese” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 445 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Specialist cheese shop and cheese eatery, located in the Cathedral Quarter of Lincoln. We stock a wide range of local, British & Continental cheeses and serve a select range of hot and cold cheeses dishes. Enjoy loose teas, fresh coffee, wines, beers, ales, ciders and soft drinks
Frome, United Kingdom
“Cheese, cheese or cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

A wonderful way to taste Lincolnshire in cheese - names I have never heard of - even Cheddar with elderflower. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. A great idea of 3 pieces of cheese for £5 in order to sample - makes a good lunch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank lgmsomerset

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Favourite place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

As an absolute cheese lover, I have been to The Cheese Society 5 times in total. Every single time I have been, the food has been outstanding and the service was amazing. Every member of staff is so friendly and helpful.

The desserts are out of the world too; which I feel most places fall down on. My favourite was rose water pannacotta with edible petals and ginger sorbet!

I constantly recommend this place and will constantly do so! Also pop into the cheese shop on The Strait and try Blackbomber - absolutely gorgeous cheese!

1 Thank Kate J
Lincoln
“If you are in Lincoln you must visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

As regular patrons of The Cheese Society and a local of Lincoln, I have to share with you that this is possibly the best place in town to have lunch, especially if you like Cheese. My firm favourite is the Baked Soufflé- alway perfect. Today I had soup and half a sandwich, I don't think I have noticed it on the menu before, it was a perfect size portion. Looking forward to trying the Gnocchi with Truffle and Cream on my next visit.
The Cheese Society is very elated and the staff are always very friendly. if Kate (owner) is there she always walks the tables to say hello.
Just a word on caution they do get very busy around 1230 so I would suggest either an early or late lunch to avoid disappointment.
On another note the breakfast is good too, especially the cheesy scrambled egg.

• Visited July 2014
greasby
“cheese yes please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

took us a while to find, but well worth the walk, we had the cheese platter with 5 different cheeses, really enjoyed it, love to try different cheeses, the lady that served us was very helpful, explained what we could have, and what they were all like, apologised for the wait as she had had to go to their shop on the next street to pick up 1 of the cheesest hat we wanted, we hadnt noticed the wait, and what other place would have gone out of there way to go out and get something for you, most places would just tell you that they had ran out

Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Rude and unfriendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We called in recently for lunch, I was with my 2 young children and my parents. The cafe only had 2 people in, so was not at all busy on a Tuesday at 11.30 am. When I enquired whether they had a high chair, i was abruptly told "no we don't, and we don't have a child's menu" (my children eat pretty much anything, so it is not necessary for a child's menu anyway!) It was absolutely clear that we were not welcome with children.

It is SHOCKING that such places exist nowadays, they quite clearly do not want the business of families. We went to a beautiful little Italian restaurant round the corner instead.

I notice that the owner does not offer a decent reply to any similar comments below, so seems they are comfortable with such feedback?!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank als77
KAOM52, Owner at The Cheese Society, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I have spoken to the member of staff concerned and she was horrified to think you felt that she had been abrupt, as it certainly was not her intention. We usually get very good comments about the care and friendliness of the service that our staff offer. Many apologies, we want all of our customers to feel welcome. My apologies again.