“Fabulous meal and experience”
Review of The Cheese Society

The Cheese Society
Ranked #18 of 519 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Specialist cheese shop and cheese eatery, located in the Cathedral Quarter of Lincoln. We stock a wide range of local, British & Continental cheeses and serve a select range of hot and cold cheeses dishes. Enjoy loose teas, fresh coffee, wines, beers, ales, ciders and soft drinks
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lucky to have won a lunch for two here as part of the "visit lincoln" promotion. Beautiful clean and welcoming dining room, immediate attentive service. Varied food choices, even for my cheeses dodging husband! Starters of Lincolnshire rarebit with the best lincolnshire sausages I've ever tasted, which are Boston sausages I was kindly informed, which they also sold in the little deli next door. Mains of twice baked cheese souflle with a rich parmesan and cream saucd and Devon dresses crab for hubbie, served with generous side salad. Pudding for us both was double chocolate brownie served warm with choice of cream, ice cream or creme fraiche - absolutely beautiful three ciurses, topped off with espresso. Wonderful meal, service and premises, will definately return hopefully to one of their evening bistro nights.

KAOM52, Owner at The Cheese Society, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

So pleased you enjoyed your VisitLincoln prize lunch! Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A wonderful way to taste Lincolnshire in cheese - names I have never heard of - even Cheddar with elderflower. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. A great idea of 3 pieces of cheese for £5 in order to sample - makes a good lunch.

1  Thank lgmsomerset
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

As an absolute cheese lover, I have been to The Cheese Society 5 times in total. Every single time I have been, the food has been outstanding and the service was amazing. Every member of staff is so friendly and helpful.

The desserts are out of the world too; which I feel most places fall down on. My favourite was rose water pannacotta with edible petals and ginger sorbet!

I constantly recommend this place and will constantly do so! Also pop into the cheese shop on The Strait and try Blackbomber - absolutely gorgeous cheese!

1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As regular patrons of The Cheese Society and a local of Lincoln, I have to share with you that this is possibly the best place in town to have lunch, especially if you like Cheese. My firm favourite is the Baked Soufflé- alway perfect. Today I had soup and half a sandwich, I don't think I have noticed it on the menu before, it was a perfect size portion. Looking forward to trying the Gnocchi with Truffle and Cream on my next visit.
The Cheese Society is very elated and the staff are always very friendly. if Kate (owner) is there she always walks the tables to say hello.
Just a word on caution they do get very busy around 1230 so I would suggest either an early or late lunch to avoid disappointment.
On another note the breakfast is good too, especially the cheesy scrambled egg.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

took us a while to find, but well worth the walk, we had the cheese platter with 5 different cheeses, really enjoyed it, love to try different cheeses, the lady that served us was very helpful, explained what we could have, and what they were all like, apologised for the wait as she had had to go to their shop on the next street to pick up 1 of the cheesest hat we wanted, we hadnt noticed the wait, and what other place would have gone out of there way to go out and get something for you, most places would just tell you that they had ran out